Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Thanksgiving

USA | Thursday, 22 November 2007 | Views [674]

Amit

Amit

My first Thanksgiving.  Briel's first in about 15 years!

Thanksgiving the summary:  It is a celebration recreating the first pilgrams who came to the USA and gave gifts to the Native Americans when they shared a feast together.  They shared a turkey on this day, so the tradition of turkey is related to this.

On this day they give thanks for coming to live in America.  It is a reminder that so many people here were not native born.

We took a 5 hour bus ride from NYC to Maryland (Besthdeda or something).  We stayed with Briel's cousin Hila, her husbad Eldar and their adorable babt girl Amit.  THey lived in Rockville maybe?  that is the metro station we would go to and get off at anyway.

Amit is a treasure.  What a happy little princess.  Looking at her makes you want to have your own haha ... well soon anyway not yet!

We arrived in the afternoon, Eldar picked us up at the bus stop.  We drove home to their gorgeous home.  Polished floorboards, carpets in the room, granite bechtops... delicous house! 

In the afternoon I came downstairs though to something like a war council!  Eldar and his friends were planning for "Black Friday" shopping.  This is a day when many things are totally slashed in price, but you have to que up in the store at crazy hours of the morning to get it - otherwise stocks are out!

They were organising which stores they were going to, so thay they didn't have double people at the same store, they planned who was buying what for each other.  Who was the coffee runner for all of them.  Mad house!  They took it very seriously indeed!  I sat and read a cosmo magazine.

That night we then went to Hila's friends for Thanksgiving dinner.  Was sonderful spread of turkey, cranberry sauce, gravey, steaks, stuffing yummy, baked vegies, salads.  ALL was great.  Again over ate... errr

Wanted to sleep already at 9pm we ate so much.  Craziness!

Anyway ciao for now!

Tags: Food & eating

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.