Existing Member?

More Expat Vagabonds "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness" Mark Twain

Kindred Spirits

MADAGASCAR | Sunday, 13 October 2013 | Views [378]

Debbie jonesing for some chocolate, 'Tana

Debbie jonesing for some chocolate, 'Tana

Brits Alan and Deryn have traveled nearly as extensively as we have, although at a greater level of luxury.  We met as they were leaving Ankarafantsika for points north with their friends and travel companions and guide.  We have been to some places on their bucket list and we want the skinny on their trip to India, so we traded email addresses.  That’s how good trips develop.

I struck up a conversation with Debbie in the lobby of Chalet des Roses as we were struggling with the slow internet connection.  She is a drama/English teacher on sabbatical from Ottawa – eh – and will be mixing travel and volunteer work.  She called later to invite us to dinner with her new friend, Guy.  We initially figured it was as a buffer against a potentially amorous Frenchman, but oday at lunch we realized we share many of the same outlooks on life, nature and travel.

Bob and Carol from Oz were seatmates on the flight from ‘Tana to Tulear.  We seem to be moving in the same direction with a similar motivation – birding.  I hope we can keep in touch with them and maybe run into them again later on this trip.

About vagabondstoo

Easter Island, 2012

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Madagascar

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.