Existing Member?

More Expat Vagabonds "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness" Mark Twain

Liwonde

MALAWI | Friday, 23 August 2013 | Views [473]

Our safari tent, Bushman's Baobab Camp, Liwonde NP

Our safari tent, Bushman's Baobab Camp, Liwonde NP

Bushman’s Baobab Camp is separated from Liwonde National Park by a wire fence, well trampled by elephants and hippos.  It is at the other end of the spectrum from Eagles Nest.  Our safari tent is dark and musty with an open air shower attached.  We have a battery powered LED desk lamp for light and another LED light to wear around our neck like a medallion to negotiate at night.  There is a nice viewing tower above the river and we expect to see a lot of birds.  I wonder how the baobab trees that give the camp its name, make a living.  They appear to be growing upside down, their stark branches look more like roots.  And I can’t remember ever seeing them with leaves.

ba

    Baobab sunset

Our tent may leave something to be desired but the food is first-class.  Our first dinner was pumpkin soup followed by tenderloin of beef, au gratin broccoli, new potatoes, carrots and green beans with strawberries for dessert.  It sure beats tinned spaghetti and meatballs.

 

About vagabondstoo

Easter Island, 2012

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malawi

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.