Existing Member?

My Travel Journal Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

Minha experiência de Tupiza

BOLIVIA | Tuesday, 2 October 2012 | Views [428]

Highlights:

Spring Festival

 

Lowlights:

Terrible food: the food here was even worse than Potosi, their idea of “Italian food” was definitely nowhere close to real Italian food.

Places:

Cerro Carazon de Jesus: Collin and I walked up a hill to a view point with a statue of Jesus. The statue had been completely destroyed with graffiti but the view of the city was sensational.

 

Activity:

Street Mercado: On Saturday we went to the street market to buy a few things. I bought some Ipod speakers and some dinosaur toys to use in the salt flats. Collin bought an electric shaver that pretty much did nothing..

Spring Festival: the day after we arrived the town was having a spring festival. It was entertaining as hell and simultaneously hilarious. The first act was a Bolivian rock band that consisted of 3 guitarist, a drummer and one extremely bad vocalist. He was completely off tune and his voice was painful to listen to. The second event was a model show, where Bolivian girls strut their stuff on a catwalk. .

Diver Gente: the only “club” type effort in Tupiza. Collin and I went there after the model show. It was pretty average and the people weren’t very friendly. We had trouble finding our way home and walked for ages, we were followed by a dog the whole way home. It was extremely cute.

About suvarn_sastri_naidoo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.