Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Once More for Hamburg

GERMANY | Friday, 10 October 2014 | Views [423]

An aerial view of Split

An aerial view of Split

Today I woke up and caught the shuttle bus to the Split airport. The airport is nice and it is very small. Instead of having a bus to take us from the terminal to the plane, they just had us walk out on the tarmac to the plane. My final destination was Hamburg to meet up with my friend Simon. However, my flights took me through Zurich and Cologne before getting to the airport in Hamburg. After arriving ahead of schedule, it took about an hour to receive my checked bag due to some problems with the ground crew. When I got my bag, I jumped onto a train to the hauptbahnhof where I transferred to get to the borough of Wilhelmsburg .

Simon and Sarah, Simon’s girlfriend, picked me up at the train station where we walked back to Simon’s apartment. There was a birthday party for Steffen, Simon’s roommate, happening back at the apartment. I got to relax and meet a lot of their friends. I had even bought a large beer at the train station to give to Steffen for his birthday.

Everything involving young people and fun in Germany continues until the next morning. Therefore, around one or two in the morning, the party changed locations to a club/bar between Reeperbahn and St. Pauli. The music was pretty good, and we stayed for an hour or so. Since it was a Friday, most people were getting tired from being at work in the morning. We left the club and after sitting by the river a little while took the train back to the apartment. At the apartment we hung out a little while until it was time to get some sleep.

Tags: planes, reeperbahn, simon, slow electronic, trains, wilhelmsburg

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.