Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Zurich and Budapest

HUNGARY | Sunday, 28 September 2014 | Views [682]

Exploring Zurich on my way to Budapest

Exploring Zurich on my way to Budapest

I woke up and checked out of my hostel before boarding a train back to Zurich. Since I didn’t get to spend much time Zurich the other day, I wanted to check it out more before my plane left. I’m glad I did. There were some great sights I had missed in Zurich. I climbed up to a park that is on top of old ramparts. I could see the town hall and parts of the river from the top.

Closer to my flight, I headed to the airport. In the duty free shop I bought a nice new Swiss army knife since I could not find mine before I moved out of Pittsburgh in August. After all of my delays from Prague I decided to fly Swiss Air to Budapest. The timing and service was prompt and friendly.

When I landed in Budapest, I met an American that is now a professor in Budapest and he helped me navigate my way through the metro and bus lines to the center of the city. Thanks Frank! I made my way to Carpe Noctem Vitae to check in for the evening. The hostel looked a little sketchy on the first floor due to some construction work. However, none of the construction involved the hostel since it is on the top two floors of the building only. The hostel was pretty fun. All of the staff goes by nicknames assigned by the other staff. One guy is called Tables, but he signs his name by drawing two little tables on the page. I met a guy checking in (Alex from New York) and we grabbed a burger and beer for dinner. Then the hostel took us to one of their sister hostels for the evening for some drinks and music. It was fun.

Tags: budapest, burger and chips, carpe noctem, frank, lucern, retox, zurich

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.