Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Off to Sweden!

SWEDEN | Saturday, 6 September 2014 | Views [626]

Look at that bridge!

Look at that bridge!

After some breakfast I went to the metro station to catch my train to the airport. In front of me at the ticket machine was a really confused American businessman struggling with the machine. He was also headed to the airport, so I helped him figure out the machine and we navigated the metro together. As it turned out, our journey to the airport was going to make for an interesting start to the day. As usual, a metro ticket attendant came aboard after a few stops to check everybody’s tickets. After he checks ours, there are only about 5 or 6 people left since we are at the end of a fairly full train. Suddenly a Freetowner comes up and starts yelling at the ticket inspector for no apparent reason. My Danish is mostly nonexistent, but as the train was pulling up to another station, the inspector calmly told the Christianaian to get off the train. He said no and pulls up a ski mask. Denmark is a really safe country because they all hate violence and follow the rules, but after his response all the Danish people were looking straight at the man. The train doors open and the inspector tries to guide the man off the train, but instead is attacked by the Freetowner. In an instant, the six huge Scandinavian men by the door were tossing the offender out of the door and onto the concrete below while the inspector radioed for more help. The last sight I had before the train pulled away was a group of Danish policemen surrounding a very concussed man that was definitely headed to jail. The rest of the journey carried on as if nothing even happened.

The airport was nice and clean, and after a minor delay I was in Sweden. A bullet train took me to the central train station which was only a short walk to my hostel. While I was getting checked in, their system crashed for a little while. I got to enjoy some nice coffee (on the house) and talk with the guys working there while it rebooted for about 15 minutes. The hostel has free pasta noodles, so I went to the grocery for some pasta supplies after settling into my room. After my pasta dinner, I met a few people that were heading out for the evening, but I was pretty tired and caught some sleep instead.

Tags: airport, copenhagen, denmark, flight, freetowner, pasta, stockholm, sweden

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sweden

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.