Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

The Archipelago

SWEDEN | Sunday, 7 September 2014 | Views [576]

Grinda

Grinda

I had some breakfast at the hostel and met up with people to go to an island in the archipelago around Stockholm.  We booked a ferry and set off towards the island of Grinda (also the name of my room at the hostel). The island has beaches, parks, kayaking and a floating sauna that can be used. Our boat ride was about 1h30m long and we were not paying much attention. We ended up missing our stop on the boat and got off a few islands over on Ahlsvik instead.  The idea was to wait for the next ferry and take it over to Grinda as planned, but we had 2 hours until the next ferry.  We went exploring the island a little and found it had a series of three freshwater lakes in the middle. We went swimming for a while and had some snacks then headed back for the ferry to Grinda. The island is a very small place. Much of Grinda is part of the same hotel and hostel company that organizes all the fun things on the island. Since it was Sunday, most things were closing really early (around 2 or 3pm) which meant we did not have enough time for the floating saunas.

It was still fun though as we did some hiking and took a late ferry back to Stockholm. Sometime around 9:30 we got back to the hostel where I ate and relaxed a bit.

Tags: ahlsvik, archipelago, grinda, stockholm, sweden, swimming

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sweden

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.