Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Copenhagen

DENMARK | Wednesday, 3 September 2014 | Views [459]

Relaxing after dinner

Relaxing after dinner

I got up and checked out of the hostel, but not without eating some free breakfast first. I had to catch a train at the Amsterdam Centraal station to the airport. The airport in Amsterdam is huge. Luckily I had plenty of time to navigate around to the proper gates. The flight and travel to the hostel was uneventful. At the hostel I met two of my roommates (some guys from Niece, France) and hung out with them a bit. The hostel does free dinners, and we just made it down in time to meet up with some new folks and eat the free stew. After dinner we all stayed in the common area to get to know each other more and have a few drinks. On the recommendation of a local we went out to a bar down the road (some LA themed bar).  We (two Swiss, two Americans, one Dane and an Aussie) started dancing on the empty club floor at the bar. Before we knew it, the entire place was up and dancing. The mood of the place went from quite and relaxed to fun and a bit wild in just less than 15 minutes. The bar owner came by and thanked us all for starting the fun since apparently it is rare to have dancing start that easily (cultural thing maybe?).  We all went back to the hostel to sleep after the bar.

Tags: copenhagen, dance party, denmark, downtown hostel, gratis dinner

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.