Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Above Copenhagen

DENMARK | Friday, 5 September 2014 | Views [266]

View from above Copenhagen

View from above Copenhagen

I had some breakfast in the morning at the hostel where I met up with Peter and Josh for a few minutes.  They were both leaving for other destinations that afternoon. We swapped some contact information and headed off our separate ways.  I decided to go off to climb another high building. The Church of Our Savior is a decent walk from the hostel. It sits between the really nice part of town and the “Freetown of Christiana” with a great view of both the city and parts of Sweden. Climbing to the top involved a lot of ducking and spiral stairs, but it was fun.  The last fifty feet of the climb are outside. A spiral staircase winds around the outside of the steeple in open air. Being able to see the Øresund Bridge was definitely a highlight of the view. I made it back to the hostel in time for free dinner where I met Adam, a Canadian, and shortly after some girls, Mimi and Danielle who were all headed out for the night. A few others at the hostel were headed to a pub crawl, so we joined up. The pub crawl was fun, but the host was really cheesy.

Tags: copenhagen, denmark, gratis dinner, pub crawl, view

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.