Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Burrlin

GERMANY | Monday, 22 September 2014 | Views [278]

Friendly Bernauer Station

Friendly Bernauer Station

I had planned on going to Dresden today. The only thing is I forgot to book my train last night, so now it is magnitudes more expensive. Solution? I’m staying in Berlin another day and booking a train to Prague for tomorrow.

It was a nice chill day in that it was both enjoyable and the temperature had dropped significantly since the day before. In the morning I finished up some of the laundry and packing I had put off.  Then I met up with Matt and Slim at Mensa Nord for some lunch. The place was much busier than last time since we went during typical lunch hours (not 10:30 am). They were both excited about the new students starting their first year of the program at the end of the week. After eating and chatting a bit I left them to continue on with their day.

I went to a different park and Berlin Wall historic site until it started to rain and I had to scuttle back to Matt’s apartment. A moment or two later Matt got back from lab. We decided it was a good day to introduce Germans to hot apple cider since it was so brisk outside. After the grocery store we learned they don’t sell apple cider in Germany, but we bought some juice instead.

We met up with a few people and went to a sushi restaurant one train station away.  It was delicious and reasonably priced. We ended the night with hot apple juice and some television back at Matt’s apartment.

Tags: berlin, cider, entourage, germany, kaisers, mensa nord, sushi

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.