Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Last day in Munich

GERMANY | Sunday, 21 September 2014 | Views [418]

Part of the Sunday parades for Oktoberfest

Part of the Sunday parades for Oktoberfest

We woke up and checked out of our accommodations this morning. Then we went off to the train station to rent a luggage locker. Our ride did not leave until 6:00 so we wanted to enjoy more of the festival. It was much easier to get a spot inside one of the beer tents. Beer was served starting at 9:00 am so people were pretty friendly by the time we arrived. We had a beer inside two of the tents and looked at the decorations of a few others. It was also a good time for Matt to eat another fish on a stick.

In the mid afternoon it started to rain outside. We were almost done with the festival anyways, so we went to go pick up our luggage. For our way back to Berlin we had arranged a ride from a carpool website(mitfahrgelegenheit). When people are driving long distances, they set up pick up and drop off points for passengers and the cost between the two points. This way it saves the driver some money and lets people (like us) avoid taking the bus. It was much faster than the bus too. The 9 hour trip on the bus was only 5 hours through this rideshare. Then it was late so we took a train back to Matt’s place and went to sleep.

Tags: autobahn, berlin, germany, mitfahrgelegenheit, munich, oktoberfest, stick fish

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.