Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Exploring Hamburg

GERMANY | Friday, 12 September 2014 | Views [342]

View of Hamburg

View of Hamburg

Today I explored the city. I think I walked almost a complete circle around downtown Hamburg. I started near the harbor and worked my way towards the city. There is a retired submarine in the Hamburg harbor that is now a historical museum piece. I only looked from the outside, but it was still interesting. Then I walked through downtown and got caught up in the busy streets. Eventually I found my way to the lake on the northern side of Hamburg. It was a nice day so people were sailing and kayaking all across it. Then I walked back down to my hostel.

For dinner I wanted to eat a hamburger in Hamburg. Simon had given me a good recommendation for a burger joint the night before (a Hamburger’s recommendation for a hamburger in Hamburg). I invited a few people from the hostel and we went to eat at The Bird. It was a pretty good burger with some good fries on the side.

After dinner I went with Patrick (an Aussie from dinner) to meet up with his friend Darren (another Aussie). They wanted to walk around the Reeperbahn that night.  After a loop around the place we found a nice outdoor festival with live music and beer lounges. We all thought it was a good spot to hang out for a while. Eventually we worked our way back to the hostel.

Tags: germany, hamburg, reeperbahn, the bird

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.