Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

To Hamburg!

GERMANY | Wednesday, 10 September 2014 | Views [323]

A Park In Hamburg

A Park In Hamburg

I bummed around in the hostel for a lot of the morning. My flight was in the afternoon and checkout of the hostel was 10:00am. I did not have quite enough time to explore the city anymore. I finished one of my books and then took the bullet train to the airport. I was finally able to swap my leftover Icelandic Krona to Euro. Most money exchanges do not buy back Scandinavian currencies.

The plane was delayed for about a half hour, but it only cost me USD$40. It is hard to be too upset when it is that cheap. When I landed in Hamburg, I had to take the S-bahn for 30 minutes followed by a 15 minute walk. I did get turned around once or twice, but I made it to the hostel and got checked in just as it was getting dark.

I met a few people in the common room of the hostel and we sent to the grocery for some food and drinks. The prices in Germany are a pleasant change from Sweden. I bought some currywurst flavored chips to share with everybody. They were surprisingly delicious. After a while we went out for some good German beer down the street. So far I like Hamburg.

Tags: airport, currywurst, germany, hamburg, stockholm, sweden

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.