Existing Member?

Travels of a Zen Dog "He knows not where he's going For the ocean will decide - It's not the destination......It's the glory of the ride" - quote by Edward Monkton

Cape Tribulation & the Daintree rainforest

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 July 2008 | Views [1559] | Comments [2]

Left Cairns at 7am for the trip up to Cape tribulation. During the day we visited Mossman Gorge, did a short walk through the rain forest and went on a river cruise looking for crocodiles. We were lucky to see a newly hatched croc as well as a full grown male known as scar face (it had scars on its face!). I stayed in a hostel called Crocadyllus for a couple of nights. It was set in the middle of the rain forest and surrounded by all kinds of trees and wildlife ie gekkos in the toilets and a forest dragon on the tree outside my room. The beach was just down the road from the hostel and I spent a morning there with Larry a local dog who followed me all morning. Nice to get back amongst nature after spending time in the cities.

Next I go back to Cairns for a couple of days then take a 30 hour bus journey to Brisbane where I will start my conservation work. Looking forward to that but could do without the bus journey.

Comments

1

Hi Andrew,
We have been away a lot in our caravan so am just catching up with your "travels". You are going to find living in Skipton A bit boring....!!!!
See you when you return
Keith

  Keith Hillery Jul 28, 2008 6:13 AM

2

The Daintree Rainforest is home to a variety of species of plants and animals on the earth. It is also the largest area of tropical rainforest in Australia.

  Sandra Oct 21, 2010 3:44 PM

About rory2034

This is Rory

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.