Existing Member?

Travels of a Zen Dog "He knows not where he's going For the ocean will decide - It's not the destination......It's the glory of the ride" - quote by Edward Monkton

Queenstown

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 7 April 2008 | Views [417]

Queenstown - billed as the centre of partying and adventure activities. Now, as my friends all know I don't jump out of, off or into anything, so as I wasn't going to experience the adventure side I'd have to make up for it on the party side. On our first night all the Magic Bus crew reunited for the last time as tomorrow the group splits up to go their own ways. We had a fantastic night out - much alcohol was consumed by everybody - and we all said our goodbyes.

Whilst here I have also riden in the gondola to the top of the hill and luged part of the way down on a type of go-kart. I've also done a day trip to Milford Sound. Whilst the boat cruise through the fiords was spectacular the 5 hour bus journey there and 5 hours back was a little too long. On our return, several of us went for a Fergburger which is a Queenstown legend. The place was packed but they were fantastic burgers, and then we rounded off the night with a few more drinks in The Buffallo bar.

Decided that my last day in Queenstown would be a quiet one just walking in the park and around the town with friends followed by a quiet night in. However, all did not go according to plan. The walk was fine, but I got a text from a couple of german girls I had met on the north island asking if I was going out and it all went down hill from there. We visited several drink selling establishments and sampled a few pints of the local ciders - dont remember much after that! Glad that we are moving on tomorrow.

My hostel is situated right on the lake front which gives stunning views across the water with the hills behind. The sunsets across the water are also impressive.  

About rory2034

This is Rory

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.