Existing Member?

Travels of a Zen Dog "He knows not where he's going For the ocean will decide - It's not the destination......It's the glory of the ride" - quote by Edward Monkton

Taupo

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 16 March 2008 | Views [407]

Taupo - booked for 4 nights ended up staying 8. Stayed at the Rainbow Lodge which although a 5 min walk from the town centre, it is the best hostel I've stayed in - good facilities and friendly staff. Met up with Nick who I had previously met in Whitianga (you do keep meeting the same people which is nice) and went for a few drinks with him and 3 Germans which ended up a good but late night (locked myself out of the hostel while naked but thats another story).

There is a lot to do here especially as the weather has been hot and sunny every day. I've walked to the Huka Falls following the Waikato river which is an amazing glacial blue colour. Sian (met her in Pahia) came over for the day and we hired some bikes and followed the cycle track to the falls and then to the hot springs. Its a strange feeling putting your feet into a stream of hot water. Spent the other days walking, cycling and just relaxing outside the hostel in the sun - just perfect.  

About rory2034

This is Rory

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.