Existing Member?

Travels of a Zen Dog "He knows not where he's going For the ocean will decide - It's not the destination......It's the glory of the ride" - quote by Edward Monkton

I have a plan

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [972] | Comments [5]

I have a plan

I have a plan

I have a plan!

10 days until I set off and I have a travelling plan. Fly to Auckland in New Zealand and spend 5 weeks in the North island and 7 weeks in the South, then fly to Australia. Starting at Sydney, travel clockwise to Canberra, Melbourne, Tasmania, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Cairns and back to Sydney with various stops along the way, including being a conservation volunteer on a project near Brisbane for 2 weeks. Then I will fly to Singapore for 4 days and finally arrive back home at the end of August. I hope to see many old school/college friends along the way. 

An old Chinese proverb says - "He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left". I hope this is true.

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

cool site I look forward to keeping up with you travels.
Go travel andrew and have a fantastic time.
This is the best thing you could have done.
Come back a different person if you want but dont change for us as you have always been a top class friend!

  matthew hay Feb 14, 2008 8:52 AM

2

Hi,
if there is one thing I can almost guarantee, it is that you won't return the same person. And be warned: travel is an infectious bug, though rarely a fatal one, that is almost incurable once you have it!

Enjoy!


  simon_monk Feb 14, 2008 10:24 AM

3

Great idea - I look foward to keeping in touch with your progress. Whatever you do make sure your ENJOY YOURSELF and don't come back too different - I like the person I have been fortunate enough to call a friend for the last 30 years!

  Arlene Feb 14, 2008 6:51 PM

4

Glad you are going! But only in a good way ... honestly.
Enjoy yourself, make sure you have your passport and toothbrush, perhaps a bit of money, the rest is not essential.
Will follow your travels with jealousy and interest.
Carpe diem and all that.

  Karen Feb 15, 2008 1:35 AM

5

Keeping upto date Andrew,with you now in North Island NZ.
Wellington and Windermere both start with "W" but otherwise might not be quite the same!
V wet here at the moment, that is a surprise.
Will be keepinh watch.
Pat & Alan

  Pat and Alan Bowdin Mar 2, 2008 6:44 AM

About rory2034

This is Rory

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.