Existing Member?

Lighting out for the territory nce more in the Middle East. The more I travel the more I want to travel and the longer that I am out of England the happier I am. At present in Iraq and having a wonderful time. really fallen in love with the country and the people. Very glad I came and

Thursday 24th Oct - Quetta to Lahore

PAKISTAN | Friday, 24 October 2008 | Views [753]

I woke Andy in the night as frighteneing noises were coming from another room - grunting, mad noises like nothing I heard before. We lock all the windows and check the door and eventually fall asleeep again. Horrid.

Wake before 8 and get stuff together. For some reason decide to jump in a rickshaw and head off to the station which is just as well as somewhere we have lost an hour (or gained one?) and I get to the station 5 min before the train leaves.

And it isn't 7 hour journey to Lahore.It's 24.

In my plush compartment - glad now I paid extra - are Tahira, her mum Zubeida and 4 yr old Abdullahreza and 6 month old Abdullahreman. Best company for a long trip. Tahira's English is excellent. We have long talks too private for this blog. Sadly after initial photo of the compartment, my camera dies on me and I have no record of the most enjoyable train ride from Quetta right across to Lahore. The station stops are a delight - so many food stalls selling such delicious curry. Flies, of course, so eat quick. Goats up and down the platform, soldiers, policemen, people, more goats. Eveeryone is delightful. I love Pakistan and wish I was staying. Even the young students efforts to find me working batteries are to no avail. Ho hum.

Tags: goats

About pecosbiff

Oh God, it's hot here!

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.