Existing Member?

Pack Light Walk Slow Calvin: "It's a magical world out there Hobbes, ol' buddy.

Hobbes: "Let's go exploring."

Committed: UK in May

USA | Wednesday, 29 April 2009 | Views [788]

Where to next? Scotland and England, May 17-29!

Airfare is rediculously cheap right now, and my travel fund has been replenished from 2 years of hard work and saving, and yet, for some reason, it was incredibly difficult to hit "purchase" for that plane ticket. I've felt the need to have an adventure, even one that doesn't involve foreign languages (though, the accents might be considered that at times!) but it's difficult to break out of the mold once you've established a pattern and standard of living. I think I didn't want to spend that hard earned money, even though travel is the only thing I ever want to spend my money on. But...but but.

One of these days I will find the courage to break free of my routine and take a few months to visit friends overseas, really delve into a culture, volunteer.  Until then, I'll enjoy a Scottish pub, a few nights in a castle, a long northern England footpath, and the wonderful hospitality of far away friends.

Cheers to planning, scheming, loving, dreaming.

Tags: the planning phase

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.