Existing Member?

Pack Light Walk Slow Calvin: "It's a magical world out there Hobbes, ol' buddy.

Hobbes: "Let's go exploring."

"Spring Break"

MALAYSIA | Monday, 7 October 2002 | Views [664]

Vacation time!  I am making it a point to have nothing worthwhile happen at this port!  We’re only in Malaysia for 3 days (compared to 4-5 for most of the countries), so there wasn’t much time to take a trip, and there’s honestly not all that much in Penang to do.  So most of us are taking this time to have an impromptu “spring break” on Langkawi Island.  Anya, Geoff, Mike and I are now sitting in our sea-view bungalow enjoying the spaciousness of our room/house and trying to get up the motivation to go for a sunset swim at our cozy little beach just out our front door and down the hill.  But for now, I’m really enjoying swinging in the hammock Mike brought and listening to the boys talk politics while the gentle waves break softly on the rocks below our back porch.  Off to the right of the beach is a mountain that is swallowed up by the clouds for most of the day.  The clouds are very strange here; they cover the mountain which is so close to this beach, but it is still sunny here.  In fact, I can hear thunder rumbling over there, but no rain here! 

Three of my favorite things:1) Hammocks2) Watching thunderstorms3) The sound of waves in the background everywhere we go

This is going to be a great two days! J

Tags: malaysia, relaxation

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.