Existing Member?

Mat and Vendy's travels

The sea at Mancora

PERU | Wednesday, 23 July 2008 | Views [665]

beach

beach

Mancora is a great sea side town, and apparently very busy in hgh season and with superb weather all year. It's fairly quiet at the moment but there are still a lot of Americans and other foreigners here. 

I particularly like the pelicans and cormorants you can see feeding in the morning, and another bird like a big swift that picks birds from the water without getting itself wet.

As the day gets later, the surfers come out (those that dont get up as early as me, though there are some there all hours) but it doesnt deter the birds who fly around above peoples heads catching fish.

I was swimming on our first day and a pelican came and sat on the water about 3 metres from me. It was eating a fish and was a massive bird up close!

Other than that its been pretty uneventful here, we´ve been resting ready for the crazy days ahead, and even had a salsa lesson by the pool last night!

Today its hot again, and we´re just preparing for another long bus journey to Huanchaco. It's another surfing town, but only there for one day and then on to Lima.  

Tags: cormorants, pelicans, surfers

About matsmith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.