Existing Member?

Mat and Vendy's travels

The visit

SPAIN | Wednesday, 9 May 2007 | Views [1071]

We met Mark in Czech Republic where we all worked in 2005, and being a keen runner like me, he was interested in running the half marathon in Pamplona and visiting me at the same time. My parents thought it'd be a good time to visit too - to see us compete against each other I think :-)

So they came to visit, among other things I introduced Mark to my crazy kids class - which I think they enjoyed more than him but as he'd never had the pleasure of teaching 9 year olds he thought it a good idea. Actually it was lots of fun for us all - Vendy came too, as the kids wanted to meet her!

Another day we went to visit Silva in San Sebastian, which was later to become our home (more on that later).

Then on Sunday we ran the race. It was a horrible day for running with the sun beating down and the wind in your face - but - I think a good day for the spectators.... and for me, as i managed to beat Mark for the first time ever.... by about 1 minute!!

 

Tags: pamplona, running, san sebastian

About matsmith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.