Existing Member?

Mat and Vendy's travels

Behobia to San Sebastian

SPAIN | Monday, 12 November 2007 | Views [1153]

Behobia is a small town on the border of France and Spain, and this famous race is a 20km race from Behobia back to San Sebastain. After finishing in 1h28min during my first year in Spain, it was time for me to improve! I did a lot of training and when the big day arrived Sonia took me and 2 of her friends to the start line. The weather was cold but beautiful and sunny, and perfect for a November race!

14000 people started the race, and the race has a staggered start as there are so many people! Due to my time in 2006 i started in the second wave and I think this, coupled with the wonderful support from the crowds and the sun, really helped me better my previous time.

I finished a massive 8 minutes faster than first time and to celebrate, went with my fellow teachers for my first ever visit to a sidreria. The typical Basque cuisine is quite plain but very nice, and very big! Also, you get to drink as much cider as you like! It's not like English cider, but instead you drink it in little glasses and have to catch it as it squirts out of the barrel! A unique and special eating experience! 

Tags: behobia, cider, crowds, sidreria, support

 

About matsmith


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.