Existing Member?

life's adventures This is the story of my wanderings through Asia

Plans and aspirations..I have a dream

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 10 February 2011 | Views [379]

Some days I feel as though I have too many dreams, and where I am now is not where I wish to be. It's an easy thing to relate to for so many people. So here's a wee reminder of what an amazing summer I had returning from so many incredible journies across south east asia, and finally across a wide ocean to the promised land, beautiful aotearoa.

Christmas at Kerikeri with the family. My insanely cute nephew Charlie who is now 15 months old, learning words and running around giggling and causing mayhem for mum and dad.

Flight south to Nelson where I spent a few days in the home of Sam and Penny, and Dave's caravan up Todds Valley, what a wonderful peaceful home to be welcomed into, friends who share their wealth of love so easily.

New Years celebrations with friends, many gather together to share the new beginning, and wonder at what will happen in the years to come. Changes and movements as we grow older, our friendships stay strong.

A crazy drive further south to Queenstown, and staying on the couch of my good friend Craig, catching up with people and going out and meeting more people, what a vibrant and welcoming place to spend a few weeks!

An influx of amigos from all over for the sunshine festival. To celebrate Waitangi weekend a massive group of friendly souls moved and grooved to the beautiful sounds of music from our homelands.

Back to Auckland and plans change. With oncoming study year I decide to spend a few more months getting my head around the intense prospect of post graduate study. Here I come textbooks, names like Krashen, Chompsky, Ellis and Brown whizzing around in my head. Oh dear what have I got myself into?????

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.