Existing Member?

life's adventures This is the story of my wanderings through Asia

Leaving my newest home

CHINA | Wednesday, 13 October 2010 | Views [320]

Leaving Dali was one of the most difficult things I have done on this journey. After a strange last day there, and very drunken riotous evenings spent dancing and laughing and of course drinking more than I ever thought possible, retaining a blurry but accurate memory of all that passed, I felt a pull of multiple forces that made me want to stay.

The Bad monkey crew, Carl, Scott, Joe, Jess and Daniel, you are all awesome, JP and Dan, even though you were only visiting a home away from home, I can’t wait to have some fun with you guys again, and most of all Jo and Brian and Nuhi, the backbone to the Dali Hump, these guys are destined for greatness, have succeeded in these sorts of ventures in the past and I look forward to seeing their next endeavor to build another gathering of souls.

On arrival in Kunming last night, I was in desperate need of sleep. Downstairs at the bar Mark was there for hugs and whiskey, and Frank too who is still living at the hostel was entertaining as always with his Austrian sense of humor, and some cdjing that made me get up and find bed.

So here I sit contemplating the last week or so of events, there is so much I wish I could write about but these blog entries get away from me. The memories I will cherish and I hope to find more unexpected love in the next places I visit, but I have a feeling deep down somewhere that Dali is a home I will give all my effort to return to.

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.