Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

It's About Time

USA | Friday, 2 October 2020 | Views [305]

Safety First

Safety First

IT WAS TIME FOR A CHANGE.  A change of scenery.  A change of season.  A change in weather.  And most of all, a change in attitude.  We never thought we would be glad to leave Colorado, but there it is—six Covid-imposed months was enough.

bb

    Socially distant at DIA

Not that leaving was without risk.  First off, there was the flying issue.  Social distancing and mandatory masks were in effect at Denver International right up until boarding.  The United flight to Orlando was packed just like in the “old days,” complete with three-across seating, screaming babies and inattentive flight attendants.  Luckily, the guy on my right and this family across the isle were traveling from Hawaii, which is a safe as you can get outside of New Zealand.

     Masked Sardines in a Flying Can

Then there is the risk of contracting Covid-19 in Florida.  Apparently Florida’s governor, Ron de Santis, has been drinking Trump’s KoolAid.  Despite having over 700K Covid cases and 2,000 new cases a day, he has just removed all restrictions on bars and restaurants and masks are optional—even for Halloween.  By the way, Colorado, which had 5500 cases when we arrived in April had more than 70,000 cases and 2000 deaths when we left.

b

  Cocoa Beach Living Room

                        n

                            Not-quite Gormet Kitchen

                                            

                                              Fit for a King and his Queen

Our flight left Denver on-time, arrived in Orlando on schedule and our Hertz rental was waiting, a pretty blue VW Jetta.  Our condo is all we could hope for—two bedrooms with beach access.  We are just down the road from Cocoa's famous RonJon Surf Shop and there is a Publix grocery store right across the street.  The A/C fan sounds like a passing freight train and the tile floors are tough on bare feet but otherwise . . . .

nn

   RBG's Revenge

The BIG news today is that both the president and the first-lady tested positive for Covid.  As a friend commented, it looks like Ruth Bader Ginsberg successfully argued her first case before god.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.