Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Arctic monuments that shall never rust!

CANADA | Monday, 22 May 2006 | Views [899] | Comments [5]

Bonjour! Well, well, well… How is everyone doing? I think everyone must be feeling very tired or at a loss for things to say. I have had my fewest comments since I started my trip. I guess my life is not that exciting right at the moment. But never fear! It shall soon excite itself up again. Whoops I just checked and have a whole swag of comments. Everyone is awesome. A really long one from Helen. Longer than my actual journal. Plus comments for my photographs. Very nice. It was nice to hear from Lynn also. My journal has gone global.

Ok. My week has been pretty good. This week was my last one at school. I felt a bit sad. The kids made me a card which was very nice. I taught them Science – Light was the topic and on the back of the card was a giant lightbulb with ROY G BIV written around it. It was very sweet.

This whole week I did talks with all the classes about Australia. I asked some of the classes what they new about Australia to start off and one of the year 3’s said it was wear all of the poor people lived. I laughed and said that she was a bit mistaken. I met her mother afterwards and she said that her daughter said this lady from some other place talked to them. She said she couldn’t remember where I was from but no poor people lived there. Children requested my lamington recipe.  They couldn’t remember what they were called though so a few kids just asked for my ‘Tim Bit’ recipe. Get Kylie to explain Tim Bits to you, they’re just doughnut holes you get from Tim Hortons but they are very popular.

I went to one of the mothers from the schools house for dinner this week. She and her husband are going to Sydney for 8 months so they asked me a lot of questions. It was really good to talk about Australia. 

I went and did the costumes for Midsummer yesterday. That was really fun. The cast is all teenagers so they were very happy to meet me. Australians are cool. One of the girls told me that some of the words I said sounded a bit Canadian. I don’t think I sound too Canadian. Maybe I am forgetting how to talk. I know the Canadian accent sounds normal now. When I see an Australian on tv they sound like they have a strong accent.

Ok. His was a bit of a boring week. The best bit about my journal is the comments. Mrs James had a good one a couple journals ago and Helen and Simon continually hit a high note week after week. Well done. My picture is cool. It is my reflection in the bus stop.

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

Comments

1

Hi there Sue. It's me again and I just had to write to you today because when I looked at the date above, 22nd May - it's my birthday and I am now 63, AND Master Patt, I went to Centrelink a few weeks ago and my birth certificate was CORRECT and I wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time, so I now qualify for a pension!!! Whoopie-do.

  Maureen James May 22, 2006 3:31 PM

2

Looking at your photo Sue, makes me wonder. Three things in fact. 1. What is the poster on the bus stop advertising- it looks at first glance like a Pixar animated film, but I think not. I can't make out any words. 2. What is the thing floating above your head? I thought it was a tree, but there is no trunk? It looks more like a large swarm of bubbles, like a deep sea diver has just swam past. 3. How do you get your legs to go transparent like that in the mirror? I tried, but only one would work.

Kylie, explain Tim Bits.

Where is your Mum? And Ebony? And Ezra? THEY'VE DROPPED the ball. I'm sorry Mrs Fahey, I didn't mean that about you.

I am going to have to go back and have a look at past posts, but I am sure the prize for best comment was due about now? Did you POST it? HA!

And this time, young Suseth, when I ask questions, answer them. Don't make me come over there.

Who IS this Lynn? How did she get in? Does she know about the trapdoor? Has she taken anything? I don't trust her as far as I can throw her...

And here is a high note from me- LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

  Simon J May 23, 2006 9:39 PM

3

CoolLookAtThatIfYouDontPutAnySpacesBetweenWordsYouCanBreakOnThroughToTheOtherSideAndJustKeepWritingForeverAndEverAndEverAndEverAndEverAndEverYouGetTheGeneralIdea

  Simon J May 23, 2006 9:43 PM

4

I havent gone anywhere. No ball has been dropped. Dad was picking mum up from the traino (do they call it that in canada?) and saw little Tamara and Ronald walking in the rain so he gave them a lift. Tamara says 'Hello' and that you are the best teacher ever!

  Ebony May 24, 2006 12:29 AM

5

TIM BITS are the BEST. You'll have to come to my place on Friday night for me to expand on that! oooooo that's right you are coming... later.... bring some fun! Hi Susan, wish you could come for dinner too on Friday night, I'm sure we'll talk about you though!!!! nice stuff of course :) still loving your journal even though im not writing much, although lots of interesting stuff is happening ;) but interesting for me..... probly not anyone else! For example, I was up at 5am this morning to do cycle interval training in Kings Park. It was dark and cold and B*&^$%#$ hard work! It was great! now I just have to get through the work day :( Not so great. food time!

  kips May 24, 2006 10:46 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.