Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Aloitious always longed to sew

CANADA | Tuesday, 30 May 2006 | Views [912] | Comments [8]

Hello everyone!

How are you all? I have had a very good week. A very busy week. A very busy week means that I have to get up before 10.00am a few days. On Monday it was a public holiday so it was just like the weekend. I had a rehearsal though and so I spent the day fiddling around with costumes. It is quite fun. Some of the people in the play are continual non attendees and so I haven’t been able to adequately costume them. That is a little irritating. On Tuesday I went down to the police station. I shouldn’t have stolen that car. No… not really I went down to get a police clearance. It was quite fun. I need a police clearance because of my application for the UK. My Australia one was too old.

Then I had to go to buy some steel capped boots because I FINALLY got some work through my employment agency. I was working for a fire restoration company and I had to work cleaning the smoke out of homes after fire had damaged it all. It was not the most fun work ever and we were cleaning apartments that the owners had never cleaned so they were DISGUSTING. In my mind the fire damage was the least of there worries.

Everyone needs to download Skype. You can make long distance phone calls through the computer for free. I bought a headset but the only person with skype is Simon and he isn’t on his computer. Until the end of the year you can call for free any phone in North America. I didn’t have anyone to call but I dialed a random Toronto number and got someones answering machine.

Simon to answer your questions PROPERLY this time:

1.      1.The poster was advertising Gildan which makes and supplies bulk orders of t-shirts for different businesses.

2.     2. I t is a tree. You cant see the trunk because it is on the road.

3.      3.My legs were hacked off in a horrible skipping rope accident. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it.

4.      4.Lynn is someone who loves my journal. She has good taste is quality blogs. Yayay.

Everyone get Skype!!! We are testing it now. There is a bit of a delay where people cannot hear you but you can hear them! Bloody dial-up. Only 4 more comments and we are up to 400.

Simon I would award you the prise for best comments but then you might stop writing them. You are the only thing holding the journal together. (And Helen, Ebony, Mum and Janet)

Tags: Packing & gadgets

Comments

1

Nice! The only thing! Simon, you are a thing. As for Skype... I've been using it for over 12 months but like you Susan... I have no one to call. Well thats not completly true because i have called my dad on it... we had nothing to say.

BTW... I tried for 45 minutes to Google that damn add on that damn bus stop picture so that i could be a smarty pants... Tee-shirts eh! Who would have thought?

  Master Patt Jun 1, 2006 5:36 PM

2

Oh Sue, here I am showering you with praise and adoration. Congratulations on your job!
You will be great at making people know how to talk in english.

You should make the people who don't show at rehersals go on stage naked.

Only 4 weeks to go!
I met a lady from Canada at a PD on Tuesday, I was just about to ask her where in America she was from... good thing she spoke so much that I wasn't able to get a word in.

I have broken everything I have touched in the past couple of days, including 2 computers - work was not very happy about it but they are trying to be nice to me so I won't leave which will mean they will have to do some work. They bought me a 2G pendrive and are back paying me what they should have been paying me all along - 's gonna take more than that.

I have a job interview at the Speech and Hearing centre - it might be fun, but I will have to get up more than 10 minutes before work starts.


398...


  Helen Jun 2, 2006 4:27 PM

3

I bought a microphone and I think it works.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for christmas.

  Evevenich Jun 2, 2006 9:34 PM

4

Dear Susan,

I have heard of skype, but I think I am much more eloquent writing messages. I hope your legs grow back. They may come in useful with your steel-capped boots.

Love Janet

  Janet Jun 3, 2006 4:20 PM

5

I too hope your legs grow back, and soon. I don't like the idea of carting you around Canada in a wheelbarrow... just kidding... I don't really mind. Only 29 more sleeps to go!

My mobile is dead now too.
Technology is collapsing around me, soon I will have to draw random symbols on the walls with a slurry made from mud to communicate.
Maybe this IS the begining of the end (6/6/06) and terror will be wrought through a series of minor inconveniences... and reality TV.

  Helen Jun 6, 2006 7:57 PM

6

Hrumph

  Ezra Jun 6, 2006 9:23 PM

7

Ha ha! Zee plan is verking! A few well placed insults has brought the masses back in droves, to defend their name, their reputation, and the right to bear arms.

Congratulations on 400 comments Sue! I hope they are paying you well. I am not sure if comment 402 counts- (I think someone sounds miffed.)

Yes, I AM a thing. When it comes to descriptions, I take what I can get. Though I wouldn't have thought that I am the best thing to hold a journal together- try duct tape: that stuff sticks like duct tape.

I chatted to Sue on Skype! She already knows this because she was there. It's not particularly clear, but it seems to warm up after a while. As soon as I turned the webcam on, we lost conection. But seeing a GLIMPSE of me was enough to bolster Sue's spirit.
Even if u don't have a microphone, you can still use Skype to chat to Sue, and she can talk to you. Though it is hard to keep up, because Sue talks at a mile a minute. Unless u get her in the morning.

Whilst I am addressing the people, you should check out the movie 'Unknown White Male', out now on DVD at Blockbuster. It is like the movie 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' but REAL. It is a documentary (stay with me) of a guy who wakes up, with absolutely NO memories of who he is. The film follows him for two years as he re-meets his family and friends for the first time, and discovers things like chocolate mousse, fireworks and snow. Some people think the whole thing is fake, but they would have to be pretty good actors if it is. Either way, it will do your head in. Enjoy! Do what Simon says, it's the rules of the game.

Oh. Hi Sue!

  Simon J Jun 7, 2006 12:34 AM

8

Well I have been absent for quite some time...but visiting sues journal again today reveals to me nothing has changed...Simon is still blowing his own trumpet as to what a great commenter he is, Ezra is making random comments, and Sues legs have been hacked off...some things never change. Nice to get a glimpse of your days in Canada Sue...costume design, chimney sweeping, sleeping in...and stealing cars...it seems you have discovered that great truth "that in every job that must be done there is an element of fun find the fun and zap...the jobs a game"...Hope to visit more regularly...and again may I say with absolute sincerity...I hope you are still having a great time!! And we miss you!

  Brenton Jun 7, 2006 10:17 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.