Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Immigration

CANADA | Tuesday, 13 December 2005 | Views [1659] | Comments [3]

Hi,

Not a lot of time has transpired since last I wrote my message. However, I am at the library now and have a computer in front of me. It is supposed to be for looking up potential careers. I shall have to do that later.

I caught the bus today. I was waiting outside for a long time and I got VERY cold. Then cos my bus wasn't coming I flagged down a different bus and asked if they were going to downtown hamilton. They said yes so I got on. When I got of I had quite a long walk to get to the government building. IT WAS VERY COLD. My legs were cold and my face was cold. When I got there, I was sent to immigration where I sat and waited with my number. When it was finally my turn they said I would have to go to employment services and gave me a list of addresses.

So, I looked at my map and located one of the addresses. I walked in the freezing cold until I got there only to find that it had been converted into a Canada Elections office. They sent me to somewhere called the red builing. I couldn't find  that so I went back to the govenrment adn they told me where I should go, so I'll go there now.

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

Hi, sorry, I was half way through my post when I had to go. I will continue my story in comment form. Margaret came and picked me up from the library and we drove to employment services (a bit like centrelink) I applied for my special number and they told me I can work from the time I APPLY for the number rather than the time I GET the number. That means I can get a job now. This afternoon I got a bank account. It was quite easy. And I can transfer funds from ANZ just using the internet! AAAh blessed are the machines. Kylie, I have been to Tim Hortons twice now. You can buy a box of 20 tim bits (donut holes) for $2!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! They weren't just plain ones either, there was a whole array of different flavours. Ebony, Jane Ann said that WWE is frequently in Toronto. You can go to the cinemas here to watch ppv events. I will definately go to the wrestling. Alrighty, talk to you soon!

  gentlesue Dec 13, 2005 9:13 AM

2

:D Thats so cool. Dad wants me to change the songs on his MP3 Player and I cant remember how.

  Ebony Dec 13, 2005 5:55 PM

3

YOUR DAD HAS AN MP3 PLAYER! How cool is he! I bet he goes around listening to old-school techno. Ooh- I have to go, so I'd better lay down my Top Ten Things Tnat Are Very Cold 1.Susan 2.Vanilla Ice 3.The fridge section in Coles 4.Ice-cream 5.Snow-men 6.Liquid Nitrogen 7.Paris Hilton's heart 8.Narnia 9.Penguins 10.Penguins in the fridge section at Coles

  Simon James Dec 13, 2005 9:48 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.