Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

ROM a ROM a ding dong

CANADA | Sunday, 18 December 2005 | Views [2413] | Comments [3]

Hi, I din't write yesterday because we got back late and people were in bed!!!!!!!! I didn't fancy waking everyone and causing a fuss.

On thursday night Jane Ann and I went to see Harry Potter. It was ok. I liked it but I trink the third one ws better. I liked the scene where Snape was hitting them on the heads. I liked Ron a lot in this one too. I think Hermione was overdone though.

On Friday we went to Toronto. It is a big city and has a lot of very beautiful older buildings. There is a place in the centre of the city were you can go and iceskate. We went shopping and  then went to the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) was cool. In one section they had old artefacts from ancient Rome, Greece and Egypt. In another they had artdeco stuff and furniture from the 17th and 18th century. On the next floor they had animals that had died and were stuffed and other stuff that you could touch. In the Egypt part they had a REAL mummy. Its toes were exposed and they were black and alll falling off. They also had mummified cats and parrots and crocodiles. They were gross. Toronto is a nice city. In the animal part we saw some of Canadas snakes. Jane Ann said that her and her borothers and sisters used to find one type of snake in their backyard and they would play with them. It wasn't poisonous but she said they sometimes got bit. They are crazy.

Today we went to Niagra Falls. It is right on the border and you can cross over to the US. I couldn't though because I did not have my passport. The falls themselves are pretty cool. They are big and fast. The mist that was coming off them had risen up to the path and had turned into ice on anything it fell on. All the trees were covered in ice, All of the lamps were covered in ice. It looked AWESOME. Niagra itself is quite flashy. There are LOTS of tourists, and they have wedding chapels and casinos. At night time they shine lights on the falls and so they look like they are coming down in different colours.

We went to the tourist cntre today and go 1 million pamphlets. It'll be fun going through them. I am looking for a car. I think I'll need one. At coffee shops in canada you can get a cup of coffee for less than $1.50 and no one drinks instant coffe in there homes. They all have coffee pots.

Bye for now.

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Hello Susie! Good to hear you went over Niagra in a wheelbarrow on a tight-rope. You get to do everything. Tonight is our carols service. We sound pretty damn good, and I don't even like carols. AND NOW, it's time for Simey's Top Ten Things That Fall 1.Niagra 2.Expensive vases 3.Guillotines 4.High prices 5.Fools(in love) 6.American autumn 7.The Berlin Wall 8.Angels 9.Australian dollar 10.Civilization

  Simon James Dec 18, 2005 9:02 PM

2

Susan, I am definitely going to send you the Spicks and Specks Christmas special tape. Laugh, laugh I nearly went to Ethopia. Thats all i wanted to say.

  Ebony Dec 19, 2005 12:34 AM

3

I'm disappointed that you didn't ride on the boat, like you did in the book. Love XX

  Mum Dec 19, 2005 3:21 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.