Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Oh Canada our home and native land

CANADA | Monday, 12 December 2005 | Views [2952] | Comments [3]

Hello eh!

Here I am in sunny Canada. I apologise for how long it took me to to write but there are no longer 6 computers waiting downstairs for me to use them.

I arrived in Canada on Friday afternoon. As the plane came down all you could see were fields or white. The day I cam in they had 10cm of snow. I got off the plane and had to go through immigration to get my visa. I waited in line for a long time. When it was my time I had an old indian man who, although very nice kept shaking his head when I told him what I was planning on doing. He was very funny, but I was recked with nerves until I got my visa in my hot little hands.

I went out and I saw Jane Ann. After 30 minutes sitting in the car it was like I had just seen her yesterday. That was cool. See is using her parents car and it has heaters in the seats. I am staying in Hamilton with a couple called Margaret and Joe. They are very nice and very welcoming. (Margaret is an excellent cook). The architecture of the houses is different. They are all built very sturdily and hav A LOT of insulation. Hamilton is quite beautiful.

It is quite cold. Not unbearably cold though. Indoors it is nice and warm. The worst thing is that the ground is slippery. I fear I shall break my neck (that would be inconvienient AND cost alot of money). Margaret and Joes Daughter has made an ice rink in her backyard. It is kind of like a plastic paddling pool that gets filled with water until it freezes and then you can skate on it. HOW AWESOME IS THAT!

Thank you Daniel for your message. It was appreciated. I am glad that people have used the comments section to conduct conversations. I was hoping that would happen. It happens on all the truelly cool websites.

On saturday and sunday Jane Annn took me around Hamilton. On Saturday we went to the shopping centre and around other things. On sundy we went to church and then went for a drive around. It has been very nice and relaxing so far but I must do some things to make myself employable.

Mum thanks for putting the money in, thanks also for sharing financial information to everybody! (I'm not really angry. I think it's a bit funny though) Hope everyone is well and I'll talk to you all soon. I will sent individual emails to people when I get some things sorted. Love you all and miss you much.

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Hi, Susan. This would be the first time you have seen snow, isn't it? Is it how you thought it would be, and also how snow falls? On the map, the latitude of Hamilton is about the same as that of Spain. There must be something different about being on the east of a large continent from being on the west of one. Re. the deposit, I did think about writing to you about it in a private email, but didn't think the amount was enough to worry about. If it had been $2 million, I would have sent you a private email to protect you from potential gold-diggers. It was nice to hear you on the phone yesterday. I should have said to say hello to Jane Ann, as she was with you, so say a belated hello to her from me. I'm glad that little old Indian man approved your visa. Schools will be breaking up soon for Christmas, won't they? I know they only have a short Christmas break, so perhaps you will get work when they go back. Be careful on the slippery ground! Maybe they sell shoes there that don't slip on snow and ice, and that might be a wise investment. Best of luck. Love XX

  Mum Dec 12, 2005 12:19 PM

2

As you know, or you should know, where you live in Canada is occasionally visited by the WWE. If they do go there make sure you see them, particularily RAW. I am missing you a lot and Ive been playing your geetar. There are some sort of chords i can play. Thats about it.

  Ebony Dec 12, 2005 3:17 PM

3

Glad to hear you've hit CA!! YAYAYAYAY for snow. Kylie's top 5 things to do in the snow - 1) make a snow angel :)!!! 2) find the crunchiest snow and jump about it in :) 3) make a snowball (of course!) and find someone to throw it at.... then RUN for your life incase they decide to get you back! 4) watch the snow drops falling onto your clothes - they are pretty and not one is the same 5) AVOID, as much as possible, shovelling snow from the driveway. the first time is fun. the 2nd and subsequent times are hard work :) oh and 6) stay warm and dry with lots of layers and waterproof garments. xx :)

  Kips Dec 12, 2005 3:36 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.