Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

If I could talk to the animals...

USA | Tuesday, 29 November 2005 | Views [1414] | Comments [1]

I did go to the zoo today. I got up really early so I'd have a full day... but the tourist centre didn't open until 10.00 and I needed them to tell me how to get there! So I hopped on the subway and go of at a random stop. I arrived at a rather dingy part of town, wandered around for a bit and then went back.

When I did get to the tourist centre they gave me good instructions. But the ride there took about an hour and so it was 1.15pm before I go to the zoo. It was no major drama though. The zoo was small and was half closed down for rebuilding. Our zoo is much better. I did see different animals though and I felt very patriotic as I looked at the sleepy koala. I enjoyed the trip there and back as I got to see a lot of LA.

When I got back to Hollywood a man asked me if I'd like to be in the audience of 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' tonight. Of course I said yes. I waited an hour and then got in line. The show is a bit like letterman. Jimmy Kimmel does some of the voices in Crank yankers. The ownly guests who I knew was Kathy Griffin- from the show with Brook Shields and the guy that announces the show is the lead singer of the mighty mighty bosstones. It was surreal. You know how on these shows they sometimes "accidently" incorporate the sound guy or something. They had a "security guard" that was part of the show, but that was a fake. The real security guards were not nearly so jovial. They had a camera on my face for a good 3 minutes. I am not sure why but I have to go now because it will be on tv.

On friday I am going to see a taping of 'Joey'. I could have seen 'That 70's Show' But it was all full.

OK, must dash Bye. 

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Hey there Susan, Wow, u sound like u r having a whole lota fun over there. Good on ya! Take care always Sus. Your friend Kristy.

  Kristy Nelson Nov 29, 2005 6:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.