Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

I'll see you at the premiere

USA | Monday, 28 November 2005 | Views [1759] | Comments [9]

How good am I writing EVERYDAY so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking at this as being a record of my trip so I can look back and remember. It saves writing things down on paper.

Today I had a great day! I got my har cut and coloured in the heart of Beverly Hills. A treatment, a blow dry all the bells and whistles and the best thing was it acually cost me LESS than to have the same done at JT's in carousel! Can you believe it! I had a very nice stylist called Christopher. He was really cool. He told me all about where I should and shouldn't go in LA and told me all about his husband. He was lovely. My preconceived stereotype about male hairdressers stands. I also bought some sunglasses. They have rhinestones through them and are very LA. I took the bus again today and am fairly sure I will be able to navigate it from now on. The best thing is the bus is so cheap. $14 and I can ride all the buses and trains as far as I like for a whole week. That is awsome.

After I got back from shopping I saw the end of the Hollywood Christmas parade. I took footage of the extremely messy streets. The only celeb I saw in the parade was... wait for it... The HOFF. He looks the same. Some person was handing out leaflets to do a tour of a building (which is not uncommon) I asked how much and they said free (which is uncommon) so I went for a tour. It turned out to be a branch of the scientologists supporting education and drug rehab though the works of L. Ron Hubbard. On the way out the ask you to take a free copy of the book. I didn't though. It wasn't a complete waste. I scored a free cup of coffee and some biscuits. When I was walking back to the Hostel some guy came up to me and gave me a free pass to a pre-screening of 'The Producers'! I go there on tuesday night. That is really exciting.

It gets dark really early here. At about 5.15. I feel quite ok so far with walking and catching the bus at this time though. There are sooo many people around and security guards are everywhere.

I got back to the hostel and finally saw all of the stuff Ebony and Dan had put on my camera! It was very sweet! I shall treasure it for all time. I did think about how Helen would like it here. There is alot to do and shopping here is good and genrally cheap compared to Australia. I have to watch what I spend.

I think I will go to the zoo tommorrow. Just the LA zoo. Not San Diego. I have to fnd out how much it costs and how long it takes to get there. I am missing everyone and hoping everyone is well.

Tags: Shopping

Comments

1

Arent you proud that first star you ever saw randomly was David Hasselhoff.. I saw a preview for the Producers, it looked cool. I saw Harry Potter before you, na na na na na. It was quite funny and sad. Has anyone thought that you're english? Have you made any friends besides Christopher? Have you got my birthday present yet? I hope that you see an animal at the zoo that you've never seen before. Like an aardvark... have you seen an aardvark?

  Ebony Nov 28, 2005 10:09 PM

2

Hiya Susan, Well, you are definitely closer now to the land of the freezing cold than you were awhile ago, i have enjoyed reading your updates, sounds like things are going well, LA sounds very interesting and the HOFF, wow, you must have been in awe. Anywho, keep in touch would ya and looking forward to your journey north to Canada, we have, umm... we had snow, it's melted again but it should be coming back. Take care!

  Jane Ann Nov 29, 2005 7:33 AM

3

Hey, the phone must have run out of money or something, but what I would have said is: good bye, I'll talk to you soon, have lots of fun and I love you :)

  Helen Nov 29, 2005 6:23 PM

4

nice to hear u dude :)

  mp3 Mar 23, 2006 9:27 PM

5

nice post

  טיסות Jul 30, 2006 11:28 PM

6

yessssss

  penis enlargement pills Nov 4, 2006 5:17 AM

7

Fantastic article covering some points I really needed some good usability info for.
Best regards from Poland

  angela merkel Apr 26, 2007 12:02 AM

8

I hope that you see an animal at the zoo that you've never seen before.

  Group Key Telephone System May 11, 2007 4:30 PM

9

It looks like you really had a great day. Care to show us some pictures? I’d like to take a look at your newly colored hair. How about Christopher? Any picture of that lovely guy?

And by the way, who said your journal is boring? It’s interesting. In fact, once you start reading the first paragraph you won’t stop until you get down to the last.

  portrait artist Oct 30, 2007 4:02 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.