Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

That boy needs therapy...

CANADA | Thursday, 8 June 2006 | Views [1232] | Comments [7]

Hi!

This is gonna be a pretty sucky entry. I am tired and I am only writing it because it has been about 10 days since my last entry. Though, I must say that the extended time period of leaving the last entry up has added to the amount of comments I have recieved.

My week (and a bit) has been pretty good. I got a job. I am teaching a beginners English class at an ESL College. I say class, but I only have one student at the moment. It has been confirmed for two weeks. Beyond that... who knows! It is quite fun. The first day my one and only student did not arrive until 12.00noon which meant I was sitting by myself fo a while. Today I was really tired and was falling asleep while I helped him with his work. How unprofessional!

I only started this job on Tuesday. Before then I worked at the adults college doing relief, a condiment factory making boxes and some more of cleaning burnt houses. While working at the burnt house job we had to gut and clean a Restaurant that was called something, something Jerk Store. The menu consisted entirely of things like Jerk chicken, jerk pork, jrk buffalo, jerk platypus... I thought of Futurama and the Jamacan accountant the whole time I worked there. He would have found plenty of suitable food there.

On Sunday the show that I did costumes for went on. It was a bit of a debarkle right up until the opening show. People dropped out right up until the night before and replacements had to be found! That was really bothersome. Our dress rehearsal was totally rained out! They stopped halfway through and went inside. I watched the opening show. It was quite funny but the microphones were terrible. They kept cutting in and out! That was really annoying and disappointing. Costumes were great though.

I got mums package. I appreciate the letter that was included. I haven't watched the videos yet cos Jane Ann doesn't have a video. But, I am negotiating to go to someones house and watch them. Share the love.

Matt, you are a great commentor. I am ashamed that you feel slighted and hope you will continue to contribute your sparkling wit to my feeble website. Oh, I was talking to Neil while I was writing this and he is disappeared. I hope he didn't get mad at me and leave!

Ohh... I almost forgot. Last night I went to an Art Therapy workshop where we had to do guided meditation and then draw an image that we saw during the meditation. Then everyone would psychoanalyse them. Mine was AWESOME!. I'll put a picture of it up tommorrow (or the next couple of days) I did it on 06/06/06 and it looks like a backwards 6... Weird!

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

Nice opening sentence Sue. And I appreciate the entry title- "he also made false teeth".
I have taken your spirit of informing young children about the wonders of Australia, so therefore tomorrow I am talking to the Year Ones about how brave I was to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. They are looking at Australian icons- that's me. Apparentally, one of the Year Ones asked if I had been run over whilst going over the bridge.
Was anyone else disappointed about the lack of Apocalypse last Tuesday? It meant I had to take lessons. If anything did happen, due to Greenwich Mean Time, we could have warned you in advance Sue, so that you could get ready for the pillars of fire.
Good to see you are spreading your version of English worldwide Sue. Keep it up!

  Simon J Jun 8, 2006 7:13 PM

2

It wasnt just Mum's package. It was from me too. I taped loads of stuff for you, even most of an episode of neighbours.

  Ebony Jun 10, 2006 8:18 PM

3

Helo Suzie Q
Your job sounds perfect I hope you get to do it for a while.
Your backwards 6 could have been a noose, that is still fairly scarey.

Eventhough there was no actual global apocalypse I have had dealings with evil - my boss sent me an sms on Wednesday morning at 5:42am to tell me there was a meeting in 2 hours and 45 minutes - which I already knew. I had to start work at 5:30 on Thurday and I didn't finish til 9:00, And then the stupid idiot next door to me thinks it is a good idea to play heavy metal crap at one in the morning as loud as it will go. I yelled at him to turn it down, he did but then sat on his balcony (which is next to my bedroom window) smoking and coughing up his lungs - he sounds like an 90 year old in the end stages of emphasima.

Do you know that Summerslam is on 7th in Barrie and 8th July in London ON, though I am pretty sure you have your play on both thoses days - but if you don't we are so there.

Kristy's sister Tracy has a magical orb thingy that guesses the thing you are thinking about by asking you 20 questions - it's amazing. It doesn't work if you lie to it though.

Dad is watching football, so every so often he is errupting in a scary cheer that sounds like he is about to kill a bear - it is making me jump. He got Ebony a TV for her room so now there are 5 TVs in the Fahey house and 4 People ???? The new TV (I say new but it is probably more accurate to say newly acquired from some mystery source - you know what I mean) has some (alot of) dust in it and I commented that it could potentially start a fire so Dad is just this moment vacuuming it with a blower vac... that should do the trick.
Mum is knitting a bright red and yellow striped hooded poncho for Lily and offering me curry she made last night, it doesn't actually have any curry in it though because Dad doesn't like curry. Daniel is singing in the shower...Oh, Dad is now asking me how to mix fuel for the lawn mower and if I have any rag he can use....Don't you wish you were here?

  Helen Jun 11, 2006 3:44 PM

4

Hiya Susan!

Sounds like everything is going splendid. Sorry, havent been able to visit or comment your journal in AGES, wil try to redeem myself. It is cool that you have gotten involved in the theatre production


This is a little late but the ever reliable STM liftout from Perths' Sunday Times reports that the local man welcoming contesants from The Amazing Race to Perth (at the Freo Sailing Club) was John Longley, uncle of Luc Longley, who used to play for the Chicago Bulls basketball team, and also Sam Longley, Perth theatre actor and also host of some TV show. Apparently, John Longley had something major to do with the Americas Cup campaigns in Freo in 83 & 87. Also apparently, 255,659 people tuned in to watch The Amazing Race that week, me not being one of them, so I literally dont know what I am talking about.

STM then went on to say, talking about the Longleys, Sam Longley is scheduled to meet with film director SPIKE JONZE to talk about playing the role of gentle giant Ira in "Where the Wild Things Are"! The film is being shot in Melbourne in August.

That is about all from me, I am flying high, be good to see you again.

Big Love
Tim

  Tim Jun 11, 2006 9:04 PM

5

Hi Sue,
It's Monday morning and I've just been sending an email to my daughter, but decided to have a look at the journal and reading the above comments has made my day. I can now go forth into this day full of housework to be done thinking back over all that has been said bringing a chuckle to an otherwise boring day.
P.S. Ask Simon about "jaw-bones"!!

  Maureen James Jun 12, 2006 12:00 PM

6

Hi there Sue. It is true! Mr. James is a national icon… no, a super hero. Allow me to explain.

Being that I am the father of one of the before mentioned Year 1’s, all I have heard about for the last couple of days is how fantastic Mr. James is. “Mr. James went to Sydney” (said with a tone that implies that he flew there with the aid of a cape). “Mr. James went up on top of the Sydney Bendy Bridge.” “Mr. James was sooo high he could see the other side of Australia.” “Mr. James this… Mr. James that.”

Then came the blow to my already deflating ego. “Daddy, did you go on the Sydney Bendy Bridge when you went to Sydney?”

Now being the fine, upstanding example of moral fibre that I am… I said yes. Actually what I said was (said with a tone that implies superior accomplishment)… “Well Son, Daddy went over the Sydney Bendy Bridge on a train… (brief pause for added effect)… and I’ve driven over it in a car!”

After a long, thoughtful moment, came the affirmation I was looking for… “That’s right Daddy… you can drive right over the bendy bit because you have a four wheel drive, don’t you.”

“Yes Son.”

So you see Sue… the moral of the story is that super hero, cape wearing impostors are no match for a Daddy who is not afraid to say No Capes!

  Master Patt Jun 13, 2006 1:08 AM

7

dude ur life is really boring to read about lololol srsly why do you post it if even u acknowledge its boring? also why do you have a spam prevention system coz nobody prolly cares about ur site anyway. If you want to amke ur journal interesting say tht ur moving to jamaica and got high with ur homies and then got laid with a beetle. now that would be interesting and funny lol. well ok bye....................

  Th3 1 Jan 13, 2009 11:01 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.