Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Encore... Encore...

CANADA | Tuesday, 16 May 2006 | Views [749] | Comments [4]

Allo, Allo, Allo! Do you remember that show? I remember watching it and not really understanding it. Were they all German? Anyway I have had a good week. We had our Macbeth Play on Monday and Tuesday. Monday it was for the general public and Tuesday it was high school students. The audience on Monday was really very sedate. The kids on Tuesday were really good. They were very enthusiastic and gave us a standing ovation at the end. Afterwards we had to do a question and answer type thing. I only had a small part so I was standing behind everyone while the leads fielded the questions. There was one guy who is VERY good but did NOT want to answer any questions. He sprawled out on the throne and played with Macbeths decapitated head. It was awesome.

On Saturday I started the costuming for Midsummer Nights Dream. They are all teenagers so they are a bit funny. After that we had a barbeque for the cast of Macbeth. We all got awards. I got the ‘Susan Post’ award (she wrote a book on etiquette. I played a gentlewoman) After that we went to explore another dilapidated house. There was graffiti and broken bottles and all sorts of things in the house. All of the windows were broken. There was no supernatural pictures that resulted from this outing but we doctored some and showed them to one of the drama people and one of the houses we went to afterwards. We told him the graffiti was blood that was bleeding from the walls and pictures of this girl were ghosts. I felt bad for doing that.

On Sunday me and another lady from the group went to an artists studio tour of Hamilton. It was all where artists open their houses/studios and display there work. There were 9 houses and they were all within walking distance from our house. One was even on my street. It was pretty cool.

Today at school I did talks for the Kindergarten and grade 4 classes. The highlight was when I gave them vegemite and lamingtons to try. The lamingtons were a hit. The vegemite was not.

On of the kids at school was sick and vomiting. I told him different Australian words for vomit. He thought chuck and chunder were hilarious.

Tags: Snow

Comments

1

Spew. Ha!

On Thursday, we are going to see the comedian Ross Noble. Melissa went to see it on Monday and is going to tell us how it ends.

As for the photos- don't feel bad. EVERYONE has doctored photos to make a drama kid believe that a dilapidated house has bleeding walls. We've ALL been there.

Sue, there aren't any studio tours in Hamilton. What you were doing is called breaking and entering.Did I mention I am getting a new bed? I could have a party or something...

  Simon J May 16, 2006 6:53 PM

2

Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I found you via a Google search.

  Lynn S May 18, 2006 12:26 AM

3

Hi there Susan. Sorry for my tardy effort of late... but I too have been travelling. I am not a global explorer like yourself, but it was exciting none the less. I have been to Sydney… again. Very… um… hectic!

Anyway, just though I would drop by and see what you were up to as it is always the highlight of my lunch hour… unless I get Subway.

For what it’s worth… did you mention heave, gag, tech-no-coloured yawn… and my personal favourite, verp, which is when you burp and vomit at the same time.

  Master Patt May 19, 2006 4:56 PM

4

Hey Sue,
It sounds like you are having fun. Who would have thought thst children would prefer lamingtons to great spoonfuls of vegemite, my world is shaken.

Anyway... Eb and I went to see Ross Noble on Saturday nught, he is very very funny. Some of the people in the audience should have been assigned muzzles at the door though cos they yelled some stupid things. None of which bear repeating, they didn't even make any sense. Adam Hills also came out on stage for a bit. It was cool.

We went to see The Davinci Code tonight. I haven't read the book - and now I won't bother.

It was ok but most of the dialogue was written in the question answer sort of style, which I loathe. I am sure there is a term for it but it goes where one character asks another a question and the other answers with a long pointless monologue.

The characters were hollow, the 'girl' needed a personality injection and Tom Hanks was just weird. I did like the banter between Gandelf and his man-servent though. And the crazy albino monk.

All in all it was a bit confusing and at times painful - 2 1/2 stars from me.

The Eurovision song Contest is on as we speak (?) Finland is hands down the best there is. They are a 'heavy rock' group who dress as... well demons from what I can tell. Ebony showed me their website the other day, she is already a diehard fan, they looked much scarier on TV.

The voice-over man (who frankly doesn't seem to think much of the whole eurovision thing - which initself makes it worth watching)described them as ... oh I can't remember but something about orks. They looked like orks and zombies singing a kinda pop song really. I really hope they win.

I am taking a break as eurovision is quite full on, so much colur and movement, skirts getting progressively shorter during the songs as they rip layer off, the mask like smiles. And at the moment Ireland is singing a song entitled 'Every song is a cry for love' badly. They just don't seem like they are even trying anymore.

Dad is taping the channel nine special of the miners, who were trapped down the mine, for you but there is no need as you can watch it on the net. If you want.

And hello to Lynn 5, just thought I'd acknowledge you, welcome.

Have a lovely week - only 7 1/2 weeks to go til I see yooooo. Love H

  Helen May 21, 2006 11:44 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.