Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

I'm a drummin fool!

CANADA | Sunday, 30 April 2006 | Views [931] | Comments [10]

Heelloo,

How is everyone? I have had a very good week. Firstly I received a lovely gift from Helen in the week. The season One of Little Britain and ALL of The Young Ones. Awesome. They arrived but I did not know that I was getting anything so I was very surprised. That night I sat in front of the tv and watched all of the Little Britain ones. Tonight I am going to watch the bits of the Young Ones I have yet to watch. I cannot wait.

Apart from mystery gifts my week has been quite busy. I have been working at the school in Guelph. I have been enjoying myself. The class is a bit funny but there you go. On Tuesday the class I am with had an excursion to do an African drumming workshop. It was awesome! We learnt how to play the African drum which name I can not remember but I KNOW you have all seen before. THE African drum. And then we heard some African folk stories and then we learnt an African dance. It was LOTS of fun. I think I enjoyed myself way more than some of the kids who were being a bit shy. I did everything. It was great.

This week on The Amazing Race they went to Perth. They went to Rottnest Island and then to Fremantle which was their pit stop. I missed it because I picked up another student for tutoring and was rushing and rushing to get back in time but only got to see the last few minutes. The next day there was a lot to talk about at school. I am sure the children were very very very interesting in my ramblings.

And then the best thing happened. I found out that Helen is coming to visit. I am super excited. We will see all of the wonders of Canada. I can hardly wait. Helen rest assured you will be very warmly received.

I have decided that I will not take it personally when not very many people write on my journal. I realize that you all have busy lives and that I am not the centre of your world. I am happy so long as a few people read it. Anyway, my first play runs on May 8 and 9 so it is coming up soon. Should be exciting. 

Tags: Laughter

Comments

1

hello suzie, sorry i haven't written on your blog for a while (it's mel by the way, i'm in the process of developing an alter ego), rest assured we do all read it, all the time & hang onto every word, but sometimes our lives aren't exciting enough to write down. Brenton & Laura lament that they have no internet & are missing out on your journal. i went to seussical (think dr seuss, but suesical the musical would be even better) with the fahey's on the weekend. it was awesome! at the start, we were wondering what we'd got ourselves in for, cause we realised there was about 37 songs. but it was pretty well done, the joey kangaroo stole the show, she was only about 3 or 4 & everytime she did something everyone cheered. thanks for my letter & chockies, i made everyone try them, my favourite was the rice crispy ones. keep having fun suzie, i'll write you more soon, Mel.

  Sam Slacker May 1, 2006 4:33 PM

2

A djembe?

How do you pronounce Guelph?

'Warm'ly recieved. Ha!

DO take it personally when only a few people write on your journal.

We DON'T have busy lives.

You ARE the centre of our world.

We want the play on DVD.

Have fun Sue, and don't get in trouble for rambling in class.

  Simon J. May 1, 2006 6:45 PM

3

The collective noun for a group of sharks is a shiver.

  Simon J May 1, 2006 10:47 PM

4

Hi Y'All I am in Narrogin at last, I have spent the last 2 days in Kondinin about 150kms away from Narrogin, doing PD and the like. No mobile signal, no computer and NO BIG BROTHER. It is very sad. I tried to get a post card of the depressing place but they don't make any... nothing interesting to put on the front.

I am very excited too Sue I can't wait.

The seussical was like a strange acid trip (I imagine) it was great. I saw a BUZZ (Build Up Zone Z?)dance production of Alice In Wonderland at Corrigin District High School today - which rivalled the psychedelic-ness of the seussical.

I have to go cos I have kicked the Student Services Mangager of thier computer to check my email.

PS. The people in the office are talking and are saying the place I am staying at tonight has bed bugs. I WANT TO GO HOME - There better have Big Brother in NArrogin

  Helen May 2, 2006 6:46 PM

5

Hey Sue, just wanted to let you know that although I may not write very often, I am still an avid reader of your journal. I aim to dedicate one lunchtime a week to checking up on your journal - although that doesn't always come to fruition. I am glad to hear you are enjoying your job and I am looking forward to hearing how your play goes. Please keep us posted with what is going on over there - you are our link to the world outside Aussieland.

A collective noun for a group of crows is a MURDER.

  Belinda May 3, 2006 3:44 PM

6

Hi, Susan. Helen didn't exactly come clean to you and all your readers about our Saturday night adventures prior to Dr Seuss - specifically re. all of us walking around UWA trying all sorts of ways to get into Hackett Hall before she looked at the tickets and queried 'this IS Floreat, isn't it', followed by a rushed journey to a hall of the same name in this suburb without a road guide in the car and assisted only by phone directions from Melissa's father and my past slight familiarity with the area, although this was about 30 years ago and I have trouble seeing in the dark, followed by her 17-point turn to park in a no-parking space. Well that's closed that gap.

Helen, I hope you find Narrogin a bit more civilized, and hopefully there are no bugs in your bed.

ove. Mum.

  Mum May 4, 2006 3:00 PM

7

Having lived in narrogin (I grew up there) I am beginning to wonder if all those bed time songs were not just some bizzar effort to encourage me into blissful sleep. How did they go now...

Good night, don't let the bedbugs bite!

Makes me itch just thinking about it.

  Master Patt May 5, 2006 12:28 AM

8

Mum Mum Mum,
the part about me getting everyone lost and nearly making you all late for the show and then getting the car that I shouldn't have even been driving stuck, didn't even bear mentioning as it was such an insignificant part of the whole experience, and plus I had forgotton (or perhaps repressed).

You'll all be relieved to know that there were no bed bugs as far as I could tell, although they did tuck the sheets in so tight (I hate that) that I pulled a muscle trying to loosen them. And there was no big brother. But I am back now, in the land of mass communications.

Master Patt, that rhyme
"don't let the bed bugs bite" How do you stop them?

Maybe you could put tiny muzzles on their tiny mouths but how would one go about such a thing?

Do you spray the bed with insect spray each night (does that even kill them?)... and gross.

You could try negotiating with them and forming some sort of treaty.

It would seem I have gone properly mad, so must dash. I have things to do you know!

  Helen May 5, 2006 1:09 PM

9




He's no Pavarotti!

  Ted May 5, 2006 6:58 PM

10

He may be no Pavarotti, but who IS he, Ted? Please tell me or I'll never know. Susan, your class seems to be well into excursions. Seems a pretty good way to learn about what goes on in the world. Good luck for your play. Love Janet

  Janet May 15, 2006 8:22 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.