Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Duck and dive

CANADA | Monday, 24 April 2006 | Views [735] | Comments [6]

Ah hoy hoy everyone. I hope everyone has had a really nice week. I started my new job this week. Being a Teachers Assistant RULES. It is much more fun than being a teacher. Guelph is quite a nice city. It has a river that runs close to the school that I work at. Hehehehe. I work there now. Anyway, when I went it was Friday and I had had a busy week and was a little tired so I had a lay down. I closed my eyes and was relaxing for a little while until I felt a tap on my shoulder. An elderly couple had come over to check that I wasn’t a corpse. It was very funny. Particularly as I used to go down by the river at Uni and sleep all the time. No one ever cared about my state of health.

Last night I went to a ‘Stag and Doe’. A ‘Stag and Doe’ is where it’s kind of like a mixed buck’s and hen’s night but it is all designed to raise money for the wedding or honeymoon. You have to pay and admission fee and then you have to buy tokens for drinks and you can also by tickets to put into a prize draw. Because it is all about raising money the whole idea is to invite as many people as you can think of. It is not uncommon to go to a Stag and Doe for someone you don’t even know!!!!! These people had it in a greenhouse. It was really cool because there were loads of plants everywhere and a waterfall and stuff all over the place. It was really cool. There were even two iguanas in a cage. They were sleeping but then someone banged on the window and one of them kind of woke up but was still really sleepy and he had his mouth open and his tongue hanging out. I like iguanas.

It was fun because we went to the wrong place at first. Coincidently there was a different ‘Stag and Doe’ happening there. We walked in and there were loads of people around welcoming us in. Because I don’t know all of the people Jane Ann knows I didn’t think anything of it. But we stood on the stairs and Jane Ann said that she didn’t recognize anyone. We went downstairs and a lady asked us if we were in the wrong place. We were and then we left.

Rehearsals are going fine. Some of time is wasted. I have been trying to put easter breakfast pictures up but they don’t want to be put up. I’ll keep trying. Ok. Talk to you all soon.

Tags: Scams & Robberies

Comments

1

Work gave me a plaque, for being employee of the month in december. Took them long enough. There was also a card inside with nothing written on it. I bought SingStar Rocks today. It was supposed to be $49.95 but i got it for $29.95 because they put the wrong sticker on it.

  Ebony Apr 24, 2006 11:19 PM

2

hi sue!!!!!!!!!!! well not much is happening in Perth except it's getting cold bbbrrrr I'm ready for summer again. Here's a funny but not so funny story. An aussie soldier was killed in iraq (something about gun going off when he was cleaning it) and so they sent the body back to Oz. When the body got here it was discovered that it was the wrong body. How terrible is that. Apparently the PM even talked to the wife of the soldier when it was discovered that the husband's body was still in Kuwait. And that's all the sketchy details I know. I would make a fab journo! not. so ummmmmm hope rehearsals pick up. later k

  kips Apr 27, 2006 2:39 PM

3

Honestly. If you went back in time, could something you did there be a factor in making you go back in time in the first place? It just doesn't make sense.

Oh. Sue. Right. And what were the elderly couple planning if you WERE a corpse. A bit of organ farming, I betcha.

  Simon Apr 27, 2006 6:55 PM

4

Hello,

I GOTS ME A TICKET AND I'M A'COMIN TO CANADIA!!!

I have to stop over in San Fran on the way there for one night. (San Francisco - the travel agent called it 'San Fran' and now so do I) Though I have to leave at 7am the next morning so I might just not sleep anywhere and go to the airport. I arrive in Toronto on 6th July at 5:42pm. YAY!!! I am pretty excited...

Um, what else has been happening... um... it all pales in comparison... oh, the building that I live in apparently has cancer of the concrete, that is bad. And the surgery to cure this, from what I can gather, is to make lots and lots and lots of noise with drills and hammers.

Tomorrow, Ebony, Dan, Mum, Mel and me are going to see a musical Dr Seuss, thingy, I don't really know what to call it actually, it sounds fun though.

I am going to Narrogin for work this week and have borrowed a car from the education department, it is a Toyota Camry and has only done 2400 kilometres. I have to try not to crash it. I hope I don't.

Oh well, that is all I have to say. I will see you... with my eyes... in a few weeks but I will talk to you on the phone before then and possibly appear to you in a dream...

  Helen Apr 28, 2006 4:04 PM

5

Helen, you didnt tell me any of this! I'll deal with you later. You missed out on somethin' awesome sue. About 5 weeks ago Dad was cleaning the shops and some guy asked Dad if he could borrow Dad's trolley because he was moving house and he didnt have one. Dad, being the kind hearted and generous man he is, lent it to the man, the man agreeing to return it the next day. The next day came but alas, no trolley was returned. So 5 weeks down the track Dad had little hope of getting it back, until one fateful night (last night) when Dad was returning from picking me up from Coles. We were driving down Albany Hwy near Carousel when a car turned onto the road from behind us. From that brief glimpse Dad KNEW that was the man he lent his trolley to. He decided to try and drive next to the car so he could call out the window but his attempts proved futile. We were nearing Kenwick by this stage so Dad just decided to follow him home. We passed Kenwick and Maddington and Dad said he'd give up after Gosnells. By the time we reached Gosnells it was pretty obvious that we were following him so he turned into the service station. Dad took charge and turned as well, parking in front of the car in question, so the man had no getaway. The next bit i think I've repressed. All I rememeber were the people looking at Dad hasseling the man, then at me in the car laughing. After getting the mans License plate number, address and promise that he'd return the trolley the next day Dad let him go. Right on Dad!

  Ebony Apr 28, 2006 6:13 PM

6

Ebony, that maybe the greatest story ever. Sue, you DID miss out on something awesome. I don't know why Helen is going to you- YOU should be coming to visit us. THIS is where all the action is. YOUR DAD IS BATMAN.

  Simon J. Apr 30, 2006 2:11 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.