Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Happy Easter/Wedding Weekend

CANADA | Monday, 17 April 2006 | Views [1419] | Comments [15]

Hello everyone! I would like to open by wishing everyone a Happy Easter and to Brenton and Laura have a good marriage (and wedding). Well, well, well, I have been a busy little beaver here. Chopping away at all sorts of things. I have been doing a fair bit of work the past couple of weeks. I start being a teacher assistant on Tuesday. I also have a job interview on Tuesday night. It is to work as a camp councilor at a day camp over the summer time. It will have something to do with drama so that would be good.

Easter in Canada appears to be much the same as Easter in Australia. Except that people sometimes decorate the outside of their homes the same way some people decorate their homes for Christmas. I will put some photos up on the journal when I put the journal up. That should be exciting for everyone.

I went to a crazy church last Sunday that meets in the cinema. You go in and they play music like normal but then you watch a sermon on the video screen that is simulcast across some other cinemas across the place. It was pretty cool.

I was on the bus the other day. This elderly lady invited me to buy one of her old books for $1. She was 87 and she has had a stroke and she can’t read anymore. Pathetically I checked my purse and I only had about 30c in there. I spoke to her for the rest of our bus trip though which took about 30minutes. I think she just wanted someone to talk to.

Ok. My easter was very exciting. On Saturday we had a play rehearsal and afterwards we had a barbeque. The barbeque was quite fun but afterwards I went for a walk with some of the drama people to some wetlands. There was a whole bunch of people there with HUGE cameras trying to take photos of the red-winged blackbird. We found some seed and I hand fed a chipmunk and a tiny little bird whose name I can’t remember. After this we went ‘ghost hunting’. They took me to Dundurn castle which is apparently haunted and I took photos of all of the windows trying to catch a ghost. There were two possible ghost photos. One shows something that looks a little bit like an eyeball and the other that kind of looks like a head. I have put them up for you all to independently judge for yourself. After that we went to other supposedly haunted places in the area. It was awesome. I have also put a couple photos up of decorated easter homes. There were more decorated houses but I went on Sunday to take photos and they had all been taken down. Anyway it was a bit crazy. I spoke to lots of family and friends which was really nice. Sorry I took so long to write, I hope everyone is well. Thank you for your suggestions about my birth certificate Janet. Mum found mine in the end though.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Fiddlesticks.

  Simon J Apr 18, 2006 12:06 AM

2

Simon... Simon... Simon...

  Master Patt Apr 18, 2006 1:09 AM

3


  Simon J Apr 18, 2006 6:04 PM

4

Fiddlesticks

  Simon J Apr 18, 2006 6:05 PM

5

All part of the friendly service... you're welcome.

  Master Patt Apr 19, 2006 12:49 AM

6

Simon, I need some help with my computer. Please don't stop by.
Thanks.

  Ezra Apr 19, 2006 11:42 AM

7

Fiddlesticks

  Simon J Apr 19, 2006 6:48 PM

8

Simon... I was wondering... could you please explain to one and all the meaning of the word fiddlesticks.

Does anyone out there know what it means... I need to know.

  Master Patt Apr 20, 2006 12:35 AM

9

Fiddlesticks.



"It is all nonsense... terminating in nothing". Hmm.

  Simon J Apr 20, 2006 10:24 AM

10

Hi Sue, can you put up the picture of the easter breakfast with the Virgin Mary's face appearing in the cheese. Dad wants to see it and I can be bothered printing it out.

Fiddlesticks: It's all fiddlesticks implies that it is all nonsense. In 1811 "Fiddlestick's end" meant "nothing". The ancient fiddlestick (violin bow) ended in a point, hence, metaphorically, used to express a thing terminating in nothing (http://www.briggs13.fsnet.co.uk/book/ef.htm)

  Helen Apr 20, 2006 10:31 AM

11

Damn that refresh button

  Helen Apr 20, 2006 10:36 AM

12

Helen and I were in Perth this morning so Helen could disfigure herself with tattoo inks. We got to the tattoo place but it was shut so we walked around a bit then sat down in defeat. We were sitting opposite a pub and there were people at the pub with a tv camera and none other then Peter Rosethorn (Brett from Kath and Kim). He wasnt doing anything very interesting so we went away. Then we went into that store with all the coats of arms for your last name and on a display of about 15 rings one of them was the Fahey coat of arms. It was pretty awesome. Then Helen made me go shopping which was a bit of a downer but all in all it was pretty cool.

  Ebony Apr 21, 2006 12:04 AM

13

... and we went to the art gallery to look at the paintings Ebony's friends did, they were fantastic.

Eb you love shopping with me... at least you hate it less than most people

  Helen Apr 21, 2006 11:32 AM

14

Dear Susan,

I'm glad Lesley found your birth certificate. It might have been expensive getting a replacement. I can see a head and shoulders in one of your ghost pictures, but nothing in the darker one. On Easter day, Emma and I went on an Easter egg hunt. Some of the clues were really cryptic. I would still be looking for them next Easter without help. Life is just too exciting in Pemberton.

Love Janet

  Janet Cheeseman Apr 29, 2006 9:00 PM

15

Haven't seen the photos yet, where are they?

  sue Dec 2, 2007 11:33 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.