Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

I mayn't be the most fashionable, but I least I don't wear tracksuits.

CANADA | Friday, 7 April 2006 | Views [2064] | Comments [12]

Howdy All!

I am feeling very good. The weather had warmed up for quite a while even though it is quite a bit cooler again. I have be doing quite a bit of tutoring and I have gotten a job at Jane Anns school as a teachers assistant for 1 month while the regular one goes away. That should be pretty good. I went to her school yesterday and met her class and generally helped out with stuff. It was pretty fun. All of the kids asked me questions and I got to perpetuate all sorts of scary Australia myths. That was fun.

It was weird because none of the kids were wearing a uniform and they either had just socks on or they had slippers. Eventhough it hasn’t been snowing much lately, all of the students take their shoes off before they come inside. That was strange.

Melissa. I got your Easter gift. That was REALLY nice. Especially as it was unexpected. I have found that I especially like to get the photos you send. They are cool! I am glad the stuff I sent has started to arrive. I was a bit worried that all of the stuff would be wrecked because it might have all fallen in the Ocean! But it seems as if it is ok.

I have been noticing some very familiar commercials on tv here. There is the McDonalds one where the girl who used to be on Home and Away goes around and gets people to try the deli sandwiches and when she asks people where they came from Ronald McDonald walks up. This is the coolest because you can see a MYER sign in the background. They are all dubbed into American voices though. And also the ad for Dine cat food where the girls cat is called immelda and eats her shoes before she gives the cat dine. Except the cat food here is called Cesar. It is also dubbed into American.

I am mourning the loss of Gene Pitney. Thank you all for your suggestions of cause of death on the last journal, but I think Mrs James win with her suggestion of avoiding having to go get the pension! I thought it was quite fitting that Gene, as a rather saccharine rock, star should die in his bed of natural causes. It just would not fit for him to die of a drug overdose or alcohol poisoning.

The pictures of the pink house are AWESOME! I must say your sweet potato is a bit impressive. I got a bit sad thinking that I missed out on things like that! I miss all the scheming.

I have found myself with cravings for Australian food. The chicken and the avocado salad from charcoal chicken was the first to come in. Ohhh… I could go a bit of that now. And also sausage rolls. I have decided I will make some sausage rolls though so it’s not like it is something I cannot have if I really want.

Brento and Laura, best of luck for your wedding. I am still working on my telegram but I will send it before the big day. Must dash.Ok, toodles.

Tags: infective pustules

Comments

1




Gene did die peacefully in his sleep, a long way from Tulsa.

He was to find that love can break a heart but love is not always so handy with a needle and thread to mend it again.

It is a tragic and untimely end for the Liberty Valance who was indeed the greatest of them all.

We can only hope he loved loved loved his life away... and I think we can be fairly certain that he did just that.

Rest in Peace Gene.

(I am done with the gene Pitney stuff now, promise.)

  Helga Apr 7, 2006 1:08 PM

2

Hi Susan,

I am glad the gifts are arriving. I read your comments of 15th March today. If it were then now I would have told you not to worry. Sea mail can be very slow. A friend in England sends me a Christmas card every year by sea mail and it always arrives after Christmas, even though she posts it in early October or before. And that is just a little card.

It is good that you are getting tutoring jobs. Make sure you keep track of them. Teaching jobs overseas will look good on your cv. But I suppose you know that already.

Good luck with getting your visa. You could ring the Department of Justice, Birth Deaths and Marriages on 1300 305 021 or a Perth number (08)9264 1552 to get your birth certificate. I got these numbers from the phone book. I hope they will help.

Love Janet

  Janet Cheeseman Apr 7, 2006 6:43 PM

3

Hey hey. it's time to write on this thing again. I have hit boredom again at work and there's only so many times that I can do stairs walks during the day. Easter is nearly here and that means days off work. Bliss! My mum - now that's topic to write about. I like eating. that's a given. so when I asked my mum what was for dinner on monday night she said she wasn't worried about Monday dinner, instead she was planning Friday lunch (we are having the relics over). Well I have to eat between now and then, so I suggested apricot chicken, since we surprisingly had all the ingredients at home, including a yummy chicken tonight jar. So she makes the chicken, except it wasn't apricot... infact she didn't even use the Chicken Tonight. The reason being is because stuff out of a jar is 'processed'. Really. (she has a 'thing' against processed food) Following dinner she then takes great joy in eating my icecream. I pointed out that icecream is infact processed also, so she really shouldn't be eating that. In my mum's world it seems that the 'processed' argument does not extend to dessert. Icecream rules the world!

  kips Apr 11, 2006 4:10 PM

4

I don't think you should wear a tie at all (I know you didn't ask opinion but there you go...)

On Thursday 4th of May at two minutes and three seconds after 1o'clock the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

That won't ever happen again.

  Helen Apr 11, 2006 6:42 PM

5

Hey someone sent that to me and it will happen again... in 100 years

  Helen Apr 11, 2006 6:45 PM

6

Sue!

Got MORE of your presents! It has all arrived now, and I am distributing to my hearts content. Or not distributing, whatever I feel.

Was there a place that JUST sold bizarre lip balm?

Your Mum has been very quiet. I'm worried.

Being a teacher assistant is awesome fun Susie. Primary school kids are fun to interact with. Make sure you perpetuate the highly dangerous 'dropbears'.

Matthew, fancy going ALL this time without ever having been to a wedding! And I thought you and Rosie were... well, none of my business I suppose, but, just thought it strange... You should cut a tie shape out of your shirt. THAT is a really good idea.(I know you didn't ask my opinion either, but there you go...)

Who else knew that thankyou was two words? As in 'thank you'. My head is spinning.

Helen, the clock thing is WAY cool. We should have a international count down or something. Except that it would around the world half an hour apart. Damn that Greenwich Mean Time.

They SAY Gene Pitney died of natural causes. Course we all know he died eating a ham sandwich.

Kylie- rellies/ relics. HA!

I am going to get Charcoal Chicken avocado salad, food process it, laminate it, and send it over.

Your journal is awesome Sue. The people who have stopped reading because they though it boring are just dead weight. Fly free. Simon.
WHAT'S HAPPENING?:

  Simon J Apr 11, 2006 8:00 PM

7

Oops. Forgot WHAT'S HAPPENING: Never mind. Nothing's happening. (Now that I've posted that, I'll hear on the news that Australia has become a Communist country.)

  Simon J Apr 11, 2006 8:02 PM

8

Hi, Susan. As you know, I'm still here and I'm still working on my 10 best inventions ever list. Stay tuned. Re the news: No there hasn't been a lot happening. The main thing is that since John Howard's industrial ""reforms"" have been made law, people have been sacked from permanent jobs and reinstated on temporary contracts without their previous benefits. Other things are that politicians are being shown to be remarkably lax (and possibly a little corrupt) in their jobs (not really news!) and that CEOs salaries are getting more and more massive. And of course, JH has upset Indonesia by granting protection to 42 asylum-seekers from Papua. Will catch you later. Love. Mum.

  Mum Apr 12, 2006 1:53 PM

9

The weird lip balm is AWESOME.

Napoleon Dynamite lip balm is pure genius, "can you bring me my chap stick, my lips hurt real bad, GOSH" laugh laugh.
The Rees Peanutbutter Cup lip balm is not only scented but tastes like chocolate (and peanuts). It's not very effective though cos I just end up licking it off, so then I need more, and so the cycle continues.

I bought mascara that 'builds' up your eyelashes and does it ever. I can 'build' up my eye lashes so they reach my eyebrows, although, it is hard to blink and I do look like a drag queen, not really the look I was going for, but WOW!

Mum, do you mean 10 of the best inventions presently in use in our civilisation or 10 of YOUR best inventions? cos a list of your inventions would be pure gold...it's funny how most of your inventions involve poultry bi-products.

Sue, we will take pictures of easter breakfast and email them to you and you can post on your journal them if you want cos I don't know how and probably never will.

  H Apr 12, 2006 5:49 PM

10

Hello Sue. Ive tried to ring you but i cant get it to work. Part of it may be because we lost the piece of paper with your address and phone number on it. I remember them though! Your presents are awesome and the david bowie shirt is the best shirt ever! thankyou

  Ebony Apr 13, 2006 1:07 AM

11

Just want to be the first to report that someone in the bridal party fainted. YES!!!!

  Cupid Apr 17, 2006 10:06 AM

12

What's wrong with tracksuits..

Complete pet hate of mine !

  mostfashionable Jan 19, 2007 4:01 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.