Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

If you dont want to be bored...

CANADA | Wednesday, 29 March 2006 | Views [798] | Comments [18]

Hi Hi,

It has been reported to me that my journal is now more boring than it used to be because I am no longer doing as many interesting things. While this is unfortunate it reflects a shift  in experience. I have been in Canada a while and am no longer finding everything super new. I also realize that I talk about looking for work an awful lot. I didn’t name it ‘my super boring journal’ for nothing. To rectify this situation I look to you, my loyal readership to make up for my deplorable lack of insight and wit. Make your comments that much more wacky, that much more zany. Keep the dream alive.

Ok, Matt your orange parody was quite amusing, however, in defense of my book, all of the photographs featured the colour white but had other colours also. I have provided a selection for your viewing pleasure in the pictures section. My book IS awesome.

I got your travel journal mum. It is hilarious. Your picture of the car is great. However, I think the photocopying process may have dulled it down a bit as I cant see to many of flames. I particularly liked the part when you described Ebony yelling at you because you were turning pages incorrectly. I remember you would always bend the book backwards around the spine. Ebony is right. It is annoying.

I haven’t been up to a super lot. I did another day of relief at the adult school and I also started tutoring on Saturdays with another company. This one has mainly Korean students and it was quite fun. On Thursday I went into TORONTO all by myself. I caught the bus down and got to my interview without any hiccups at all. It was for teaching in the UK. If I get a place it would mean I would leave Canada a little bit early but would spend longer in Britain. I got a phone call saying the interview was successful and that they are looking for a place for me. I need to get my ancestry visa though. This is tricky because I would have to give my passport to which the British consulate for a while. I don’t really want to send my passport back to Australia (especially considering my past with the post office) but the Canadian British High Commission has said that usually you have to apply in your country of residence. Also, My birth certificate has not been located!!!!!!! That is a bit of a drag. They say you should give yourself 3 months for the application process and I have 5 so it should be ok. Because all of the visa stuff is over the internet now I had to call a Premium line that cost $2.80/minute. And he was useless.

Anyway, I best be off. Talk to you all soon.

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1


Hi,


Your white book is cool, I like the eyelashes.

I don't think there were actually as many flames as you would expect when you hear the Fahey's talk about their car catching on fire. I think it was less like the first picture and more like the second.

This better damn well work otherwise I will look pret-ty stupid. I used internet photos cos I clearly don't understand how to put up my own photos even when it is explained in painful detail.

I had a good day today with minimal irritation from the outside word, i had to give a PD on Phonological awareness and I was on fire (like the car).

Only 2 and a bit weeks to the holidays yaaaaaaaaaay. I get days off, I love the Education Department. Although they are sending me to Narrogin after the holidays, for a whole week so on second thoughts my love is only superficial.

Your journal isn't boring it is the light of my life. Good luck with your ancestry visa, You can buy a copy of your birth certificate from births deaths and marriages. If we get UK citizenship does that extend to northern ireland? cos that would be cool.

There is a cyclone brewing off the WA coast (its about that time of year) if things go horribly ironically wrong WA banana plantations may aslo be destroyed and then there will be no bananas anywhere and people will have to get them on the black market (That last statement displayed my obvious ignorance of geography and cyclonic behaviour as well as how events transpire on the black market).

Well... I really don't think I have adequately played my part in making your journal less boring - at least I made it more full.

  Helga Mar 29, 2006 7:49 PM

2

Mum's relentless turning of the pages has practically seperated the book from it's cover. She doesn't understand the importance of that book. That is the first Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to be sold in the general Kalamunda area. Its a first edition with the spelling mistake 'fug' instead of 'fog'. Its irreplacable. In other news I am slowly being driven crazy by mum and dad. They're ok in small doses, like cocaine, but being constantly around them turns you in to an emotional and physical wreck, like cocaine. Thats about it.

  Ebony Mar 30, 2006 1:12 AM

3

Susan Hello!! Please forgive my absence from this site, it is due to a severe lack of discipline and strategeic thinking.

Everythings sounds like it is going swimmingly in your world!

Since being back in Australia, I have given away my train cleaning days and joined the throngs at Western caravans, doing the upholstery. It is really a cool job, I DIG it! I actually replaced Michelle Ward (Louwen) who is about to have a baby any second -literally!

The only downside is that there is commercial radio piped through the factory and the jingles of 96 FM are seeping into my head. Today, during the news, they talked about W.A.s BIGGEST!!! cannabis drug bust (down south somewhere) The police officer, with a completely striaght face, said it was 'a joint operation'. I giggled about that all day!

Brenton and Laura's wedding is in three weeks, Brentons Bux party is in two - the plan is indoor cricket, BBQ and go-karting. Hopefully we can do seomething evil that will last (stain)long enough to make the wedding photos.

That is all from me, have fun
Tim

  Tim Mar 30, 2006 11:03 PM

4

Quote of the week...

"I've been in this game a long time. If I got offended by cartoons - golly heavens above, give us a break," he said, adding that he planned to visit Indonesia soon.

Spoken by Prime Minister Howard in response to this...

Relations between Indonesia and Australia have soured further after an Australian newspaper published a cartoon lampooning Indonesia's leader.
Indonesia said the drawing, apparently depicting the president and a Papuan as fornicating dogs, was "not helpful".

It followed the publication in an Indonesian newspaper of a cartoon depicting Australia's prime and foreign ministers as copulating dingoes.




Dear me... what is going on... i sure don't get it!

  Master Patt Apr 2, 2006 1:34 AM

5

What IS going on?
Why is one couple fornicating, while the other is just copulating?
My interest is not unhealthy, merely piqued as to what bias the reporter may be unintentionally showing. Or maybe they just like using big words about rude things, without understanding them. Master Patt, what is the source?
Sue, Sorry to turn your journal into gutter tripe.

  Ezra Apr 2, 2006 9:42 AM

6

GUESS WHAT I RECEIVED! A PACKAGE!!! FROM SUSAN! FOR CHRISTMAS! NOT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN! IN MY HANDS!!!

It was one package, with presents for Tim and Mel, and there are 'alleged' two more to come. Susan says that Canada is lovely. She is bored, and missing everyone, but that is because it is Christmas time. She sent the package to me because Tim and Mel might be away in India and Singapore when it arrived...)

In other news, which though great, cannot compare to the awesomeness of Susan's package arriving, last Saturday was Aprils Fools Day. Since no one would be at school and my LSD supplies were running low, my focus naturally turned towards home. I had previously decorated the fridge with a red cellophane, which, when unfolded, rapidly became pink. Pink is Belinda's least favourite colour. She does not like pink. She HATES pink. When Belinda got up on Saturday, she found the entire kitchen/ lounge room had been covered in pink. The lounges were covered in pink bedsheets with pink pillows, the benches were wrapped in pink rose paper. Susan's awesome red spot rug was covered in bright pink material, the microwave and chairs were covered in pink crepe paper. Pink ribbon, pink flowers, pink feathers, pink marshmallows, pink love hearts, FIFTY pink balloons. The food in the fridge was covered in pink stickers, the plates, bowls and cutlery were surrounded in pink serviettes. The kitchen window had pink cellophane, which made the whole kitchen glow pink. I was helped by Mel and Tim- it really was one of our crowning achievements.

WHAT'S HAPPENING?: Who the hells cares? Susan's package arrived.

  Simon James Apr 3, 2006 11:13 PM

7

So did we!!!!!!!
We only got one parcel but. In it there was a shirt for me a shirt for dan and a purse for helen. Dad is disappointed.

  Ebony Apr 4, 2006 12:00 AM

8

Ezra, I picked up the news feed from Google News. I don't recall the name of the paper that published the article.

Not getting a parcel from the great Sue does not bother me... what bothers me is that some people have the time to pinkarize the entire living area of a friends house. HELLO! Do you people not have a life. (In secret I chuckled to my self as I read about the pink thing because it brought back oh so many memories... not of my pink bedroom growing up as a child... but of the joys of 'doing things, sneaky things' to peoples houses... but that was in another life which is not included on my oh so shiny resume.)

By the way... I am going to make it my goal tomorrow to use the word pinkarize in a conversation.

  Master Patt Apr 4, 2006 12:34 AM

9

Hi, thank you for my purse!!!!! it is stunning. I had to convince dad that it was for me and I was not just deciding that i wanted it. It is cool how you and mum can be annoyed at each other from across the world. She found your birth certificate in the caravan, she had to have a rest after she found it, it was hard work. XXXX

  Helga Apr 4, 2006 7:41 PM

10

PATTHEW- My entire being revolves around a website about someone living in Canada. Of course I have no life.

  Simon James Apr 5, 2006 12:30 AM

11

thankyou you suzie for my awesome presents, i love them. don't worry the shirt, it is the perfect size. prepare to be extremely jealous everyone, but thanks to sue, i am the very proud owner of a david bowie labyrinth t-shirt with the words "fear me, love me, do as i say" (& i will) on the front. i love the watch too (the girl i work with will think i'm so cool, cause she loves napoleon dynamite too). nothing much else has been happening, except they cancelled my belly dancing class!

  Meli Apr 5, 2006 5:17 PM

12

Trying to see if this will work...



IMG SRC="C:\Documents and Settings\Simon\Desktop\Tim Camera\IMGP0344.JPG" width="375" height="225" border="1">

  Simon James Apr 6, 2006 12:58 AM

13

Fiddle sticks. I'll have to email out pix of our pink palace instead.

  Simon James Apr 6, 2006 1:00 AM

14

Gene Pitney Died!!!!!

Tis a sad sad day in history.

Sue, we are sorry for your loss.

They said he died of natural causes at the age of 65.

What do you die of NATURALLY at 65?

Following this statement should be some witty suggestions about what one could die from at age 65... but I am just too distraught to think of any.

  H Apr 6, 2006 12:35 PM

15

Chicken pox

Your turn Ebony.

  Simon James Apr 6, 2006 7:34 PM

16

umm, oxygen poisening?

  Ebony Apr 6, 2006 8:59 PM

17

What could be worse than turning 65 and having to visit Centrelink to apply for the pension????

  Maureen James Apr 6, 2006 10:47 PM

18

Getting there the day after your 65th birthday... only to discover that for all these years your birth cetificate was wrong by one year and that you have retired a year too early.

  Master Patt Apr 7, 2006 10:04 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.