Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

AUSTRALIA; The greatest colony of them all!

CANADA | Tuesday, 21 March 2006 | Views [1348] | Comments [20]

Howdy,

Ok. I have a bit more news. I had quite a fun week. Jane Ann was on school holidays so we could do some fun things. First thing though I have contacted Canada post and they have told me that there is no way to trace the type of packages I have sent. Because it has been more than two and a half months since I have sent them I can put in an insurance claim. They have either been lost or they are stuck at the bottom of a sea container. Just wait a bit longer. I’ll let you all know when insurance comes in so you can request something. This time I think I might get stuff sent online. It is more likely to turn up this way. Anyway, I will keep you all “posted” hahahahaha about what happens with the post. If anything turns up let me know.

Alrighty. On St Patricks Day I went to Niagra with Jane Ann and one of her friends to go to all of the outlet stores they have there. I bought a book has a whole swag of photographs in it. It is called WHITE and all the photographs feature the colour white. The RRP of the book was $60. I bought it for 69cents. What a bargain! That evening we went to one of the numerous English style pubs for drinks. They were selling green beer. That night some friends of Jane Anns came from Barrie and stayed at our house for the night. That was fun.

I have been doing tutoring in physics and chemistry. I was surprised at how much stuff I know. I am a genius. One of the adult education places I applied at called me this morning saying one of their regular teachers was sick. That was quite fun. I wish I had of got that job.

A quick update on crazy tv shows. They have a show called “American Inventor” which has people pitch a whole host of useless inventions before a panel American Idol style. There is also a show where overweight women compete to be the next obese star. American Idol style. There is a country music idol equivalent. What is up with that! They must be crazy. I am going to make a show about accountants. They’ll have to creatively solve complex accounting problems and the weakest will be kicked off American idol style.

I hope you are all well and are enjoying Australias supremecy amongst the colonized nations. The Commonwealth games are not televised here (not on any of the stations we get at least) I hear we are winning with a ratio of 4:1. Australia is the former colony that is the best at sport. Yay yay yay!

Ebony. When  Jane Ann caught the plane back to Australia Spinner from degrassi was on the same plane.

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Hi, there have been cyclones in QLD and bananas are really expensive (so dad tells me) because banana plantations don't like lots of wind and they all got flattened. bananas is a hard word to type, there always ends up being too many letters and i have to delete some... bananas

  Helen Mar 22, 2006 12:09 PM

2

Why did Spinner go to Australia? And why didn't she get his autograph or a lock of his hair? Crap, that just reminded me that degrassi was actually on today and i meant to watch it but i forgot! Damn damn damn!!

  Ebony Mar 23, 2006 12:50 AM

3





You wouldn't read about... but I have been thinking of producing a book just like the one you purchased at a bargain price. It would be called Orange. The picture above is just one of the many that i have been collecting for my book. The title of this work is... strangly enough... Orange.

Will let you know when it is available for sale... the RRP will be about A$0.69... but I will try to flog it for 60 bucks.

  Master Patt Mar 23, 2006 2:30 AM

4





I am being a clever duck and trying to insert a picture, just like clever duck Patt. I said please.

Of course, if it doesn't work, then this posting looks very silly.

  Simon James Mar 23, 2006 8:20 PM

5

Phooey.

Try again.




  Simon James Mar 23, 2006 8:24 PM

6

Drattigan!

One last time.



Hope you enjoy white squares with a red cross Sue!




  Simon James Mar 23, 2006 8:26 PM

7

YEAH! I AM KING DUCK! There is nothing I cannot do, without three tries, and someone telling me how. I am da master!

Some explanation- I typed in 'aardvark' in Google image search, and this is what came up. Hmmmm. Perhaps that's it's ears in the middle of the fireball.

Enough about me. ACTUALLY, MORE about me! Tuesday was Harmony Day- do Canadians celebrate Harmony Day? I wore an orange Harmony Day T-shirt, which was not as orange as it could have been, seeing as it was a coupla years old. We put up the 25 metres of orange plastic in a decidedly unexciting place such as the basketball court. My drama students wore a kilt, Irish peasant costume, Spanish flamenco dress, saris, and a belly dancing costume. They looked awesome. Two Aboriginal families did lots of Aboriginal dance routines, and an aunty cooked all the teachers kangaroo kebab sticks. Two Indian mums cooked food, had saris, had a game and burned incense. It was all cool.

WHATS HAPPENING?: The West Australian says- Thousands of Catholic school students would be severely disadvantaged under a plan to force them to spend as much time studying religion as core subjects such as maths and English, their teachers have warned.

  Simon James Mar 23, 2006 8:52 PM

8

Here's a much better fact, that relates to your present country of abode, young Suseth.

WHAT'S HAPPENING?: Australia have produced new tourism ads to show overseas, with all the usual Australian cliches, and then the girl presenter finishes with 'So, where the bl--dy hell are ya?' The UK have banned the ad because of the use of such profanity. Canada (that's you, Sue)have banned the ad because of the word 'hell'! HA!

Credit to Belinda, who told me most of it, and that you might be interested.

  Simon James Mar 25, 2006 12:16 AM

9

Hi there Sue (Suseth sounds like an ancient Babalonyian city).

I have sent you this article from some paper there in Canada... what's going on?



Bloody hell, now it’s the beer.
FIRST it was “bloody”, then it was “hell” and now it’s “beer” itself that’s tripping up an Australian tourism advertising campaign.

The now controversial advertisement, which concludes with the tagline “where the bloody hell are you?” has now run foul of a Canadian regulator.

But it’s not the tagline that’s the trouble this time as much as the opener: “I’ve bought you a beer”.
Tourism Minister Fran Bailey said she had been told by Canadian authorities they could not accept that line.

“We now have the Canadian authorities not wanting us to use the opening segment of ‘I’ve bought you a beer’,” Ms Bailey said.

“The Canadian regulator says that this implies consumption of unbranded alcohol,” she said, clarifying the problem was not beer consumption itself.



I think you should conduct you own poll to see what the average, on the street Canadian has to say about all this. This is important because our national identity is in turmoil. Susan... we are relying on you to bring sense and order.

  Master Patt Mar 25, 2006 11:37 AM

10

Susan, please inform the Canadians that if they drank more unbranded alcohol, then they may win more bl--dy medals at the hell that is the commonwealth games.

* the opening segment of ‘I’ve bought you a beer’

* 'the problem was not beer consumption itself'.

* So what's the problem????

* 'this implies consumption of unbranded alcohol'

What the?

'I've bought you some unbranded alcohol'

Gasp!!!!

  Ezra Mar 27, 2006 9:36 AM

11

'Hang on, I'll stick a label on it.'

'Oh that's alright then. Phew.'

  Ezra Mar 27, 2006 9:39 AM

12

'Hang on, I'll stick a label on it.'

'Oh that's alright then. Phew.'

  Ezra Mar 27, 2006 11:26 AM

13

hint: Don't refresh after posting a comment.

  Ezra Mar 27, 2006 11:27 AM

14

Un branded alcohol is the best kind.

Last night Ebony, Daniel and I were playing substitute (from Spicks and Specks) and I am ultra crap at it. Not only can I not pick the song when Ebony does such a lovely job of it ( I didn't even know the songs Daniel was singing when he sang the real words...they were mostly wrestling theme tunes) but I can't read the words and sing the tune to save my life. We were using one of Mum's publications, the story she wrote about you going to Canada actually.

Daniel was really quite good but had a hard time reading and singing at the same time too so the game quickly disintergrated into 'Flouw' (rhymes with cow)which is the same thing except you just sing flouw instead of the words from a book, it is much easier... but I am still crap.

  Helen Mar 27, 2006 11:33 AM

15


  Helen Mar 27, 2006 3:14 PM

16


  cfsd Mar 27, 2006 3:25 PM

17

Hey, that is a picture I drew of you in paint, cos i am at work I have no photos so I wanted to see if I could post my own photos not just stuff from the web - and i can - nice resemblence hey

  Helen Mar 27, 2006 3:26 PM

18

Damn, i give up... it's like a paralell universe where I can see things other people can't...

  Helen Mar 27, 2006 4:15 PM

19

Sue. Not doing anything interesting. I now have one second stop motion animation of a Ninja Turtle walking and spinning his sword. BUT do I have news!!!


WHAT'S HAPPENING?:

1.Rose Porteous' house, Prix d'Amour was demolished on Saturday morning. The block is being sub-divided into ten blocks- Rose has reserved two for herself.


2.Half of the Sierra Leone Commonwealth team ran away in Melbourne. Six have been found and are applying for refugee status.


3. In a US survey as to who would you least like over for dinner, Tom Cruise was the least popular person. Saddam Hussein was second.


4. Pro Hart died.

  Simon James Mar 28, 2006 9:17 PM

20

ME and Helen saw a book at Dymocks about the greatest places in the world and Perth was in it. The Highlight of a visit to Perth was seeing the Prix d'Amour, now what are we supposed to do? It also said Rose thinks it would be more fun in Melbourne.

  Ebony Mar 29, 2006 12:07 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.