Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Happy Birthday Ebony!!!!!!!!!!

CANADA | Saturday, 19 August 2006 | Views [1610] | Comments [8]

Hello everyone,

Did everyone read Christies comment of my last journal! I AM THE BEST BLOGGER ON WORLDNOMADS OF ALL TIME. And, you are all the best commenters of all time. That is fantastic. This piece of information renewed me with viguer and enthusiasm for the journal. I will make it the best journal ANYWHERE ever. I didn't tell any lies on my last journal. I will only tell lies when things are boring. Last journal I had many exciting things to talk about. This journal I will tell you some lies.

Last weekend we were practising for the show that will start on Saturday. The show is mage up of 4 different plays. Some of them will be quite good. Others won't be. I had an accident with some superglue that was holding part of the set together. My hair got caught and I had to cut some of it off. I didn't lose too much of the length but now it is significantly more mullet like.

It was Ebonys birthday on Tuesday so I called the crazy Faheys and spoke to Dad and Eb. We were on the phone for a long time. Ebony told me how she had some friends over for a birthday party. They ate Indian food and watch Red Dwarf. I know... crazy teenagers. Dad didn't mesh with this gaggle of people in his house so he went and spent the night at his friends house. I laughed and laughed. Ed also told me that Daniel has bought the third series of the A team. Go Daniel.

I had my last day of work in Canada today. It was good. We took the students for a hike in the forest and then had lunch at the botanical gardens. I had a deck of cards in my bag and taught the students to game cheat. It was brilliant. They loved it. I was a bit sad to leave though. That was a nice place.

I went to Toronto the other day to meet up with some people I travelled to New York with. We went to Chinatown and I went to see the Chinese doctor. She was very nice, told me I was quite healthy and gave me accupuncture in my ears it was pretty cool.

SEE IF YOU CAN SPOT THE LIE/S (also, how good is my picture! I took it myself)

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Happy Birthday right back at you sue. I've been working all day and I'm tired. We just saw Eurobeat which is an interactive musical which is 'almost Eurovision'.
It. Was. Awesome.
Most of the acts were brilliant and the whole set out was just like eurovision. The only disappointing thng was that Greece won. Greece wasnt that good. Ireland came second by a point, its should have won.


I think the lie is that Ed told you Daniel bought the A-Team. I remember it was me.

  Ebony Aug 20, 2006 2:28 AM

2

Clearly the lie is that you would tell lies.

Or perhaps that you are sad to leave.

Or that the Faheys are crazy.

Or that some of the plays will be quite good.

It couldn't possibly be that you had acupuncture in your ears AND it was cool.

  Ezra Aug 20, 2006 9:55 AM

3

Hi Sue,

I am at the Faheys... for joy for joy.

I walked in and I said hello.
Me: "Hello."
Dad: "Are you sick Kaf?"
Me: "Not really I'm ok",
Dad: "Well don't bring your cold here are you trying to make us all sick" - can you feel the love?

Dad got given an old security screen door that he is now making into a security screen for the kitchen window.

Even though no one has ever ever tried to break into their house in 24 years and even though if you tried to get in the kitchen window there are many obstacles in the way and you will probably be electrocuted, and even though there are 100 other much safer and easier ways to break into the house, but I supose the screen is the right size for the kitchen window so that is where it is going.

He is grinding it just outside the door and sparks are flying everywhere, he will probably set himself on fire. It is really noisy too, I told him to wear earplugs or else he will go deaf. He protested saying that he wouldn't go deaf - how silly of me to presume - and that if he did go deaf he would finally have some peace and quiet - whatever.

He also cut his foot pretty badly and it is bleeding, mum doesn't care, she said he probably has too much blood anyway - WHAT?

Did you know that the Baby Sitters Club books are now graphic novels - thought you would be interested.

I think the lie is that you had to cut your hair because you got super glue in it, you really just wanted a mullet, didn't you...didn't you?

  H Aug 20, 2006 2:22 PM

4

Oh, and I got locked in a toilet stall at Eurovision because the lock was broken - I was stuck in there for about 10 minutes before someone who worked there came and looked over the top to assess the situation - she said "wait there" and went to get a screwdriver.

  H Aug 20, 2006 2:46 PM

5

Episode #7: (SING)"Tiffany Road, where I will never, Tiffany Road, roses are forever, Tiffany Road, makes all your hopes shine threw... ooooh."
Susette liked to sit a while in the emergency room, as a way of slowing down from the hectic pace of a career as a top super mo-dell. So many questions were buzzing around her plain yet beautiful head.
Did she really want to be a super mo-dell after all that she had been through? How could she stay true to everything that she believed in, and still work at the hospital? Why did she keep having nightmares of being held hostage in an icerink by the crazed twin of a fellow employee? Why did she only tell lies when things were boring?
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" yelled the man in the beige tie, regaining consciousness. He would have waved his arms around in agony, had they not been horribly crushed in a feather pillow factory explosion. Susette breathed a sigh, and began performing acupuncture on the man's ears. There was always 'something' to interrupt her time out from her busy schedule.
NEXT WEEK, ON 'TIFFANY ROAD', DOES SUSETTE REALLY WANT TO BE A TOP SUPER MO-DELL AFTER ALL THAT SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH? HOW COULD SHE STAY TRUE TO EVERYTHING THAT SHE BELIEVED IN, AND STILL WORK AT THE HOSPITAL? AND WHO PUT THE BOMP
IN THE BOMP BAH BOMP BAH BOMP? Some of this and not much more in the next installment of "Tiffany Roooooooooad."

  The Soapy Sphinx Aug 23, 2006 7:41 PM

6

OH YEAH! I never filled you in Susan on what happened at the Lego Robotics competition. I can't believe there hasn't been more of a public outcry- thankyou for those who camped outside my house.
WELL, (by the way, this is through my perception of things, which maybe warped and embellished, and completely untrue) to start with, the shirts did look pretty fantastic. I had to do the ironing, and did a pretty good job- Barbie only ended up with one slightly wrinkled browned edge- nothing Botox wont fix up sweetie. There was another team, called the 'Wererabbits', two boys who got a picture of a bunny, coloured it in blue and gave it wolf fangs. Couldn't you just bottle Year 8 boys? Really, you could.
We get to Scitech, and, well basically, the place is crawling with nerds. And then, hypocritically, I have to tell one of my boys to stop calling out "nerds" to just about everyone he sees. I remind him that being at a ROBOTICS competition intrinsically makes him a nerd like it or not, and there was no use in trying to distance himself from it. I also remind him, that I am personally NOT a nerd, merely a facilitator.
We dump our stuff, forget all about robotics, and go and play on the giant spiders and flight simulator. We get a touch concerned when the PRIMARY competitors have better robots than us. AND you should have seen the dance moves by the 'human' competitiors. Whoever thought of spelling out to the song "TNT, Dynamite" by ACDC was a genius.
Time flies, and we have soon missed our interview time slot, and it is fifteen minutes to show time. After a rapid and 'creative' interview, the Barbie team are setting up onstage. In front of quite a crowd of private high school kids in blazers. The worst. INCLUDING one of my boys EX-GIRLFRIENDS! Since when do you have an ex-girlfriend in year eight? We made that boy be the one to be up the front and push the button to start it.
'Barbie Girl' by Aqua came on, which got a good response. Barbie's arms started spinning. Not much else happenend. The intricately choreagraphed dance moves (cough) that were programmed in where not running. We had three starts, but to no avail. Barbie had stage fright.
Oh, and completely unforseen, Barbie's hair got TOTALLY tangled in the arm motors.
The Wererabbits robot at least did everything it was supposed to, to a tune by Jebediah. It did keep moving off the dance floor, but it went for the full two minutes. Not too shabby.
But it was all good in the end. I was quite happy that we competed in some kind of capacity, and they were quite happy to get out of class, go to Scitech, and get back in time for sport.
On the bus on the way home, the boys worked out they had wired a motor wrong minutes before the show, and fixed it in two seconds. You could bottle Year 8 boys. COULDN'T YOU.

  Simon J Aug 23, 2006 8:12 PM

7

Hi Sue! It has been a long time, no see!
Whats been going on?

Well, Sam and Kat got married - no one fainted. Sam looked very nice. And Kat.

We had a week of holidays, so I took off to York. By myself. The plan was to do nothing, besides drawing and take it easy.

York is not bad as a town. It is all one street, like one street from Fremantle, old buildings and lots of cafes playing jazz. I waa staying in the motel rooms part of the Castle Hotel but should have stayed in the hotel part where all the backpackers were staying, who were working in the Restaraunt and the bar. From the UK, plus Soli from Zimbabwe. I hanged out with them at night and ate lots of food during the day.

Yes, my travels suffer compared to your "New" York entry. Nevertheless.

I have just finished reading the autobiography of David Niven (The Moons A Balloon) and amongst other adventures in feature films and fighting in World War II, he spent time training to be a commando (the future SAS) on the Isle of Wight! Other references to the Isle keep popping up now that I am aware of it, none of which I can remember right now

Now, I have started 'A Tale of Two Cities' by Charles Dickens - it is the best of books, it is the worst of books -ITS WIT PEOPLE!

We went and saw Eurobeat, which was super fantastic! The best was the judge from Estonia who sat looking like a paranoid member of the KGB, then "Yes, the scores..." The song from Ireland was awesome, I also quite liked Italy.

Apart from that, there appears to be a vibe of irrationality in the air, catching hold of everyone and sending them spiralling in dizzying circles. I can say no more, I've struggled to stay aloof of it all - as yet. Or had it got me from the beginning??!

Your paranoid little KGB agent
Tim


  Tim Aug 23, 2006 9:34 PM

8

I am up to 'Crystal' by New Order.

  Simon J Aug 24, 2006 8:06 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.