Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

My Last Journal In Canada Ever!

CANADA | Friday, 25 August 2006 | Views [1001] | Comments [7]

Hi, as you may have garnered from the information psoted above, this will be my last journal entry from Canadian soils. It is a bittersweet moment that is making me feel reflective, melancholy and a little bit homesick.

The lie I told on my last journal was that my hair got cut in a superglue accident. This may be disappointing to those who think I would look spectacular with a mullet.

I will take a moment to post some reflections about Canada. Both positive aspects and some negative.

1. I have met many interesting people in Canada from all different walks of life. They have been a joy to know.

2. I got involved in theatre again. Despite some of my grumblings I have really enjoyed doing theatre again and hope that I can continue this wherever I end up.

3. I got to visit some remarkable places. Quebec was very cool. I ejoyed everywhere that we went. New York was one of the most exciting places I have seen.

4. I got to work a lot of different jobs. Some were more fun than others. The fire house cleaning was not the most fun... but it gave me something to do.

5. I survived... nay thrived without a car. Cars suck.

6. I experienced a cold winter. A long, cold, horrible winter.

7. I realised that my typing is very bad. Typing, spelling, grammar...

8. I realised that comparitively, Australian beuracracy is not so bad after all.

9. I learnt that if I don't see friends and family for a long time I miss them.

10. I like travelling.

Reflect and learn

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

First post on the last Canada entry. I win!

Nothing useful to say.

  Ezra Aug 25, 2006 12:17 PM

2

We went & saw SNAKES ON A PLANE! It was awesome! We even went I bit interactive & brought rubber snakes to scare people with, made paper aeroplanes & ate lollie snakes. I was going to suggest you could have snakes on your journel, but suprise, suprise they already have one www.snakesonablog.com! I let everyone else put up a real review, but I give it 4 & a half ssssssss. Other than that my life is really really boring. Bring on the Isle of Wight!

  Meli Aug 26, 2006 1:21 AM

3

Review for 'Snakes on a Plane'.

The movie, as the title may suggest, is a 17th century piece about womanhood. The flim's plot had more holes than the ozone layer but instead of trying to cover up these holes they, instead, sort of gloryfied them. One memorable line from the bad guy was, "I've exhausted every other option", In reference to killing the kid from 'Genie from Downunder. After trying once or twice to shoot him naturally the only option left was to fill a plane with deadly deadly snakes.
All in all it was quite enjoyable, except apparently Mythbusters have taught Hollywood nothing.

There are pins and needles in my foot so I'll end it here.

  Ebony Aug 26, 2006 11:15 PM

4

Au revoir Suuuussaaanne!
Canada will miss you and wishes you all the best as you depart to England.
There will be no more Red Dwarf, Little Britain or The Young Ones for we fear that none here can appreciate the humour in these as much as you so therefore these programs will not be watched ever again.
We thank you for instilling our nation with a much better understanding of your homeland and customs which are no longer so foreign to us now.
We hope you will take a piece of Canada with you as you continue in your travels, be that in your heart, in your bag or perhaps on the bottom of your shoe.
Perhaps you may settle in England and do what all people wish to do at some point in their life and create a currency for cats and dogs.
We thank you for the bounteous amounts of tid-bits of information that you have instilled in us which cover a large variety of topics, particularly in the area of the sciences.
We thank you for enriching our fine arts by bestowing us with your theatrical performances, no one does a Russian accent quite like you!
We thank you for collecting all those brochures and pamphlets which so often just lay on the shelves, never to be picked up but you, you alone took them in and gave them a home.
We thank you for your energy conscienceness in regards to all fans which are purely ineffective if left on in an unoccupied space, you prevented the power outage for the summer of 2006.
So much do we owe you and we are sad to see you go, thank you for putting up with cold weather, humidity, bureaucratic red-tape, driving on the right side of the road, moose, killer raccoons, squirrels, snow, sleet, hail and the list goes on but a las, it must end as does your time here in Canada...sniff...sniff
Goodbye Susan and all the best in the Isle of Wight, may you be as good to them as you have been to us! Thank you and goodbye!

  Canada Aug 27, 2006 3:39 PM

5

(Previous) Phew! High Praise for Sue!

Just wanted to add an important note to my exclusive coverage of York, Western Australia, I managed to find amongst the antique shops, a music store that time forgot - it contained a great variety of tapes and records, of which included Craig MacClaghlan (the Neighbours guy)'Rock the Rock" and Wierd Al Yankovich' 'Eat It', both 12" vinyl.

No, I didnt buy them.

As a legal aside Sue, are you sure you are allowed to take photos inside the gallery - Isnt your photo of Van Gogh in breach of various copyright laws? Perhaps Vincent himself is rising from his grave to claim his royalties - except with only one ear, wouldnt his balance be all out of whack? - Things going bump in the night could be Van Gogh falling over after the floor started spinning?

Keep it unreal Sue.

Lovingtons
Tim

  Tim Aug 27, 2006 10:06 PM

6

EXCUSE ME. 'Snakes' Report. Miss Melissa FORGOT to mention the BEST part of the movie. It involved the part where every time you see actual footage of the plane, you are supposed to throw a paper aeroplane (according to some crazy on the Internet). Cause we aren't very hardcore, and didn't have wads of paper on us, we only threw ONE paper plane. RIGHT at the end of the movie. RIGHT into the head of the Internet nerd guy sitting in the NEXT row in front of us. I have no idea WHAT happened in the movie for minutes afterwards because I was crying with laughter.

I am up to 'Fight the Power' by the Isley Brothers.

  Simon J Aug 30, 2006 1:45 AM

7

What's with the New York comment mixed in with the Canuck stuff? he...he

You missed the best part of Canada by not visiting the Maritimes or Atlantic Canada which we use when we want to include Newfoundland & Labrador. The people east of Quebec are the best kept Canadian secret...friendly...generous and "tell it like it is". My wife and I have travelled with Australians a couple of times and will repeat it when we join yet another Intrepid tour in September for a trip to eastern Europe. All the best...we have enjoyed our travel weeks with "Aussies" and find them to be very compatable travelling companions.

Currently living in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

  Dale Carle Dec 27, 2007 2:08 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.