Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

why didn't you just fly home on the broomstick?

CANADA | Sunday, 30 July 2006 | Views [1257] | Comments [9]

Hello Everybody!

This week has been quite good. I have been working everyday at the language school. There are lots of teenagers who have come over to learn english in their school holidays. Some of them are PAINFUL! It is not a good idea to mix teenagers with adults. Mostly they just annoy everyone. On Sunday night I went out on to our porch to put the rubbish out. I walked outside in the dark and saw a giant raccoon on the steps. I looked up and saw another on the railing and yet another ont the table. Two more were on the roof. The ones ont the roof started to walk towards me and I ran inside like a big chicken. I only shut the glass door though and I crouched down looking at one of the raccoons trying to shoo it away. Instead of running away, it arched it's back and started stalking towards me. I shut the big door and went to ring Jane Ann. She said I did the right thing. I had nightmares all of Sunday night about horrible dirty raccoons coming and scratching and biting me..... arrrggghhh.

I recieved Ebonys broomstick this week. I got all excited because I thought someone had sent me something. I got a notice from the post office that I had a package and I had $13 to pay on it. I walked 2 km to the Post office which is next door to the supermarket. I did some shopping and then lined up at the post office. Just as I got in line I remembered Ebonys stupid broomstick. It was a very awkward walk back home.

I am maybe going to New York next weekend with one of the students from the language school. I hope that works ou. It'd be very fun. Ok. I hope everyone is well.

Tags: Laughter

Comments

1

Hi Sue,
I miss you and want to come back. I had totally forgotten about the broomstick, although I think that if I'd had to lug it with me on my 'adventures' back home it may just have tipped me over the edge.

I thought raccoons were cute, cute but evil. I am glad you are enjoying your work(?), hope you get to go to New York before you leave.

My work is stupid, I have a new boss who has been there 5 days and has made 2 people cry (none of them was me but I am sure my time is not far off. I did get told off but I didn't really understand what was happening at the time, but if I had I probably would have cried).

I have to go to Narrogin this week and I am actually looking forward to it.

This morning I was engaging in the mundane activity of vacuuming when what should I see on the TV but David Hasslehoff singing a spectacular version of Jump in my Car. The video was a shameless act of self promotion, it reminded me of the song Rimmer sang on Red Dwarf to remind them all how great he was.

Well must dash, the Faheys are gathering today to eat, look at the photos from our trip and to watch the video I took of your play. Will keep you informed of the hijinx and shenanigans.

  H Jul 30, 2006 1:54 PM

2

Wow. Is it awesome? It's probably awesome. Thankyou and sorry for building up your hopes and then smashing them quite spectacularly. Why did they make you pay $13? Because I love you, I'll let you use it all you want until I see you in Engaland. :)

  Ebony Jul 31, 2006 12:53 AM

3

Episode #4: (SING)"Tiffany Road, where I will never, Tiffany Road, roses are forever, Tiffany Road, makes all your hopes shine through... ooooh." Scene opens on beautiful people doing beautiful things, which was getting in the way of a fast-moving hopital bed, pushed by seven doctors and nurses, dressed in practical yet stylish velour green and pink hospital scrubs. A young raccoon had been attacked by a big chicken, and was in vital need of some tender love and care. Mid-shot of Susette, strapping on her medical gloves with straps, and hastily trying to apply some lipstick. She was looked up and down by the chief surgeon. "Listen Bunny, but don't get any ideas about coming into surgery. Have you ever dealt with a chicken-related raccoon-injury before?" "Once" stammered Susette breathlessly. "I didn't think so" sighed the surgeon. "Listen, go over to the SPU- someone over there has tried to mix teenagers with adults- they are in a lot of pain. You might be able to help. We've got this one covered- we've got our top surgeon on the job. Here he is in the helicopter." A rugged outdoorsman drops in on a rope ladder, rips off his khaki travelling jacket to reveal green velour scrubs, and begins pounding on the chest of the young raccoon- and at that point, Susette knew that she would loathe this man. And never, ever fall in love with him. NEXT WEEK, ON 'TIFFANY ROAD', BUNNY? CPU? VELOUR? AND ARE ROSES FOREVER? All this and more in the next installment of "Tiffany Roooooooooad."

  The Soapy Sphinx Aug 2, 2006 1:27 AM

4

A shot in the arm for a floundering comment list.

  Ezra Aug 2, 2006 9:28 AM

5

Hi. I am off to New York tomorrow. That should make my journal a bit more interesting.

  Susan Aug 4, 2006 7:13 AM

6

Hi Su Q! Bit lonely here on the message board, so I'll just blab on and on for a bit. In fact, I could do it over a couple of messages, and boost your comments score.
Since my entire life is consumed by school, I'm sure everyone is just dying to know everything that I am up to. This Friday, my Year 8 Robotics class is going to Scitech to compete in the Robocup- robotics competition. They are entering in the dance comp, and have designed a robot that stands up and spins around- with Barbie head and arms attached. It is kind of a big chunky yellow Fem-Bot that got taught to dance by a street sweeper. Or Pauline Hanson. Obviously it is dancing to "Barbie Girl" by Aqua (I never want to hear that song again. But I will.) and the boys are all wearing white T-shirts with pictures of Barbie and with Ken #1, Ken #2, Ken #3 etc. in pink lettering. Despite appearances, it was all their idea. (Well, I may have planted the seed in their mind.) I am unsure exactly what precise Educational Outcome I am addressing.

  Simon J Aug 8, 2006 7:20 PM

7

Has anyone else noticed that you don't have to put special text breaks in messages, that you can just do enter? Or have I been doing it wrong?
In order to spice up your journal Sue, make stuff up. Next entry, (and every entry from now on) include a LIE and see if we pick what the falsity is. Fun for everyone.
Tonight is census night- we can include you if you'd like your voice heard. You could be married to me! And be a practising Ninja Turtle Scientologist Jedi. And have fourteen children and earn $2000 a week doing sidewalk chalk pictures. Did you know that babies born to girls under 15 are not counted in the census? They are hidden in the closet.
Did you know Belinda was back from the America? You probalby saw what happened on the news. We have the biggest stack of peanut butter chocolates ever, and I am going to die eating it all. But I can't be rude. Belinda went to NASA, Washington DC, Capitol Building and best of all, a museum had a whole Jim Henson section. And you push buttons, and the puppets on display move and talk. I am wondering how much air the puppeteers would have stuck in those little boxes all day.

  Simon J Aug 8, 2006 7:46 PM

8

"Yasmin's Getting Married" WAS a reality TV show that replaced Big Brother weeknights. A girl -'Yasmin', was choosing a husband from a hundred desperate Australian guys. It lasted a week. Guess Yasmin isn't getting married. And now Futurama is on instead. HOORAY! Last night was the one where Fry becomes his own grandfather.
I am listening through my entire mp3 collection in alphabetical order. Today started with 'A Century of Elvis', by Belle and Sebastian. Surprisingly, 'ABC' by the Jackson 5 wasn't first. Hm. I will keep you regularly updated.
And did you see the episode of Tiffany Road with the snakes let loose in the emergency room? Did you see what they were wearing? Sweetheart, someone call 1995- they left their clothes behind!

  Simon J Aug 8, 2006 8:06 PM

9

A lot has happened recently that you may not know about. There was a cyclone in Australind and studies have shown watching wrestling makes teenagers violent, but here is the real important stuff.

A teenage boy hugged the prime minister with a screwdriver in his hand while Mr Howard was on his morning walk. Also, him and Peter Costello had a lovers spat and now they are back together.

Karl and Susan are back together but Karl accidently cheated with Izzy once he was doped up on sleeping pills. Sky is pregnant with STINGRAY! Connor is Missing in Action because there was a crazy murderous twin and his in jail now and was Paul's son. The other twin is Pauls son too. Lou had a Russian order bride but she got taken back, now I think he's going to Russia. Warnie was on Neighbours for no apparent reason. Janelle tried to hook up with him.

There are two new singstars wou havent experienced. Singstar Rock which is awesome and Singstar anthems which is probably awesome, I'll know when I purchase it tomorrow.

  Ebony Aug 8, 2006 9:25 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.