Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Désolé, je semble m'être assis dans des vos cuisses de grenouilles.

CANADA | Thursday, 13 July 2006 | Views [1800] | Comments [14]

Hello everybody!

It has been a while since I have written. Whilst being in Quebec it has been a little bit difficult to have access to a computer all of the time. Helen has arrived. At the airport we waited for quite a while and I was a little worried we were not going to be at the same place at the same time. But it all worked out. There was a high school Rugby team from England that got off just before Helen. Jane Ann and I had a balloon for Helen that had a big smiley face on it. The rugby boys would walk over to wherever I stood to look at the balloon. It was somewhat disconcerting.

My play has only run once because the second night was cancelled due to the venue being double booked. I was super happy because that meant we could leave for Quebec earlier. Helen was extraordinarily generous with her rating of 5 out of 5. Many people had difficulty with their lines and were otherwise unprepared. I had fun doing it though. At the end of our first show I counted 12 people in the audience. That is less than makes up the cast. Oh well.

Quebec has been pretty cool. There are lots of interesting things to see. Quebec City is REALLY old and really small. It has many artsy/crafty shops. As soon as you walk into one of these shops the sales person will tell you that everything has been handcrafted by Quebec artists. It was quite French, but people were friendly and once they knew you only spoke English they were quite happy to talk to you in English.  Quebec City was hilly and the roads were winding. You would walk around and them come out to another place that you completely did not expect. It was tricky to navigate.

Montreal is a big city. There are all sorts of things being constructed for the Comedy festival. I went for a walk yesterday and there is an Anarchists library. Pity all of the books are in French.

We are going to see a show tonight for the Comedy festival. I am hoping it will be great. Ummmm. Helen says hi. She misses Kenwick.

I look forward to the next installment of Tiffany Road.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

I have never missed anything less than I miss Kenwick right now.

It is really humid in Montreal, it is hard to believe that it ever snows here. We have been walking a - lot so much so that I bought a pair of those ugly croc shoes that are supposed to be super great, i got the thongs though, they are not so bad.(flip flops, not 'thongs' - I made a reference to Dad's 'thongs' infront of Jane-Ann's extended family... they fell about laughing, oh small things...)

There is much cool stuff to look at... and nearly break, most of the stores are really small and crowded. Everytime Susan touches something the shop people try to sell it to her, we were in a fur shop today and they tried to sell her the $4000 bear coat she was caressing.

Sue is getting free wireless at this hostel because there are signals coming from the cafes that surround, cool hey.

  H Jul 13, 2006 7:43 AM

2

Hi there!! I stayed at that same hostel. Well I think it's the same one, including the steep walk up to it, except the footpath was covered in lots of snowy mush when I was there. Great fun when you have a great big backpack on. anyway. keep having heaps of fun!

xx K

  kips Jul 13, 2006 10:58 AM

3

Oh, Sue, how I have been hanging out to hear from you. I

Translation of journal title please.

Disconcerting rugby schoolboys are all very good, but let us know in your social experiments if you find a way to attract cute and funny supermodels.

So how do you find living with your sister- killed each other yet? My brother has moved in whilst Belinda is in America, and he'd better up his life insurance.

Tuesday night, we cooked a roast dinner for Mum and Dad. After they eaten it, we let them know it was roast kangaroo. They took it all in their stride- nothing phases them anymore. Next time, I will serve up roast dolphin.

I hope the Anarchist library is in complete disorder- overthrow the tyranny of the Dewey system.

Keep caressing bears.

  Simon J Jul 13, 2006 2:05 PM

4

Maybe I am mistaken... but a rough translation of the tile would be Afflicted, I seem to have sat down in your frog thighs.

  Master Patt Jul 13, 2006 11:31 PM

5

Master Patt you are correct(ish)

  Susan Jul 14, 2006 12:00 AM

6

Last night we went to a comedy burlesque show that was part of the Montreal comedy festival.

Firstly let me say that it was completely and utterly brilliant.

The theater was quite small and was decked out in the style of 20s cabaret and the ushers etc were dressed in their waistcoats and top hats which they gracefully tipped when they showed people to their seats.

There were contortionists, hoopahoops, magic tricks, acrobats, and balancing acts. The music was great and it was all very funny and for the most part fairly G rated – I said most part. There were male acts and female acts so there was something for everyone...

I learned 3 things.

1. The human body has many many muscles… that ripple…
2. Some words and concepts transcend language and culture.
3. It is a very bad idea to sit in the isle at burlesque shows.

  H Jul 14, 2006 12:34 AM

7

Hi, Susan and Helen. Did the chocolate arrive before you started off on your trip? I hate to think of it lying in a letter-box for 3 weeks in 30 degrees heat!! Have lots and lots of fun and keep safe. Love. Mum

  Mum Jul 14, 2006 11:11 AM

8

Upon further study and harking back to my Japanese lessons at Harvard, the translation of Sue's journal title is as follows: Dissolve jet and assemble one metre of assistants cussing the word 'grannouille'- which stands for grating-eliminated no-nonsense observation of ultrafast incident laser light e-fields (I swear this is true.) Now that I reflect upon the truth of such phrase, it is obvious really.

  Simon J Jul 14, 2006 7:04 PM

9

SUE SUE SUE! Check out what is happening on the Isle of Wight! Festival organisers have changed their planned 'circus' themed dress-up party because of "clourophobia"- FEAR OF CLOWNS! DARE you to walk off the plane in painted face and floppy shoes. Admittedly I did hear about this on morning radio, so props to them.

http://www.iowtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1252&ArticleID=1610718

  Simon J Jul 15, 2006 2:01 AM

10

Um, so how do I turn bold off?

  Simon J Jul 15, 2006 2:02 AM

11

Heres what Helen and Susan have missed out on our latest Fahey family barbeque.

Kerin arriving first. Only to lock her keys in the car... and Lily in the car. After about half an hour and half the neighbourhood trying to get her out (they found out cos they just stare out of their windows all day) a nice young man from down the road got Lily out of the car with his superior breaking-into-cars ability.
All while this was happening I was in the kitchen trying to complete the work of art which was Lily's birthday cake because I had prepared one the night before, but after an accident involving Daniel, the Fridge and downright clumsyness that cake was no more.
Things went much more predictably after this we had lunch, the boys went inside to watch wrestling. Then while watching wrestling Miles came upon a pair of handcuffs we had lying around for some reason, but no keys for.
"Look, I found some handcuffs" said Miles.

"Dont put them on," said Daniel, "We dont have keys for them."

*CLICK*

After we took several photos of him, and after Dad finished watching the football, Dad kindly got out his bolt-cutters out and freed him. I was disappointed as I wanted Miles to be taken to the police station.

The drama ended about here. So shall my post.

  Ebony Jul 16, 2006 9:41 PM

12

My own birthday is coming up soon. Can I have it at the Fahey's? Please...

  Ezra Jul 18, 2006 10:08 AM

13

Episode #2: "Tiffany Road, where I will never, Tiffany Road, roses are forever, Tiffany Road, makes all your hopes shine through... ooooh." Busy scene unfolds as many extras walk back and forth making the scene look busy. Mid-shot of our heroine, Susette, who is quietly reading "The Anarchists Guide to Home Furnishings and Decor". Suddenly an ambulance of photographers and fashion stylists burst through the double doors. "Code red la people!" says the dictatorial French Canadian fashion-director. "Our la top super modell Pentax Leonardo has cancell-lled on us. Ve need a supER modelll for la fashionne shoote STAT!" Cut to zoom in shot of slow motion Susette innocently FLICKING HER HAIR. "VER!" shrieks the dictatorial French Canadian fashion-director. "I VANT HER!" pointing to Susette from across the room with her riding crop. "SHE VIS OUR NEXT TOP SUPERR MOD-ELLL. Bag her and bring her to the photo studio." All eyes focus upon Susette... "Who me?" Susette says, catching her breath. "I am just plain but beautiful..." This life-changing event is interrupted by an ambulance entering with a team of injured English rugby boys, who had crashed after being distracted by a smiley face balloon. "Are they allowed to drive the ambulance INTO the building?" asked one of the extras.
NEXT WEEK, ON 'TIFFANY ROAD', ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DRIVE AMBULANCES INTO THE BUILDING? WILL SUSETTE BECOME THE NEXT TOP SUPER MOD-ELLL? AND DO ANARCHISTS FAVOUR SUMMER OR AUTUMN COLOURS? All this and more in the next installment of "Tiffany Roooooooooad."

  The Soapy Sphinx Jul 18, 2006 2:46 PM

14

Hi Sue & Helen,
I'm glad you are having fun. Desole (with the accents which I can't seem to do on this page) here means: Sorry or I'm sorry. This is for the benefit of others, Sue. I'm sure you knew what it meant. Je voudrais ecrire quelque chose en francais ici, mais je n'ai pas d'accents.
Love Janet

  Janet Cheeseman Jul 23, 2006 6:09 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.