Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

Lennard Gorge & Bell Gorge

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 23 June 2010 | Views [562]

 

After morning school (our usual routine) we were back on the road.  We seem to be naturally getting into a pattern of being up at very first light, and going to bed early in the evening.

 

This morning we walked to Lennard River Gorge – it was really well marked with trail markers whilst you trekked up the clearly identifiable Nat. Park 4WD track – but as soon as the track led to the cliff top area there were no more markers to be seen (other than stern warnings to stay away from the precarious cliff face).  So this made for an interesting rock hop along the cliff face trying to figure out what looked like it may be the trail.  Finally stumbled accros a tree with a bit of pink marking tape on it and realized that you could follow the ‘pink’ marked trees down to the river and back to the car park.  This walk has probably been the only one so far that we think was correctly marked as a grade 4 – but the Gorge was amazing.

 

In the afternoon, we arrived and set up camp at Silent Grove, and then did the walk to the spectacular Bells Gorge.  Truly beautiful!  We swam in the rock pools and were reluctant to leave as the sun started to descend.  Steve is adamant that this is his favourite gorge thus far.  We are all loving  the Kimberley.

 

Back at the campsite, Ethan met a group of other kids his age and has been having a ball climbing trees and inventing all sorts of games.

 

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.