Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Adios Asia

INDONESIA | Monday, 27 August 2007 | Views [1119] | Comments [1]

Caught you!   
You'll be a cockroach in your next life now, give up Buddhism and take up Catholism, then you get absolved of all your sins...

Caught you! You'll be a cockroach in your next life now, give up Buddhism and take up Catholism, then you get absolved of all your sins...

I've been nearly 8 months in Asia, and yet I've barely scratched the surface.  This tiger has left deep impressions on my mind and soul.  Dragged over many a culture shock inducing bump, I think I've gradually learnt to tame the animal (editor: OK enough!) 

Relative wealth, flexibility and a good sense of humour have helped to give a generally easy ride.  The sights are wondrous and bewildering in their contrasts and extremes.  Untouched jungle that's over 100 million years old, palm oil plantations for as far as the eye can see, and slashed and burnt forest for further than you'd like to see.  Pristine white sandy islands, crystal clear azure bays, and a million diesel running, fume spilling boats.  World class dive sites, dynamite destroyed coral, over-fished waters and underfed people.

I could go on like this, but i think I've said it all before.  What i need to say is that I have had a FANTASTIC time in SE Asia, and there are a lot of places i would still like to see.  I don't know if my future lies there, but i think i could have an interesting time finding out.

Tags: Conclusions?

 

Comments

1

Ho Ho matey boy - just been catching up on your travels see the pic above (adios asia) of your latest bird looks a bit better than what you normally get. Fancy the diving in Bali (and the women)<br> ... Shane: i wasn't dating her, but her mum. You'd be suited to the diving in Bali as it's cold and you need plenty of insulation, but alas you won't be so lucky with the ladies as they don't really do the 'odd couple' thing so much here - you know the fat, older, ugly bloke and the young girl - i sugest Thailand.

  Davey Boy Sep 16, 2007 11:27 PM

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.