Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Goodbye Malaysia

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 8 August 2007 | Views [1841]

Impressed?  The sky bridge is apparently about a third of the way up.

Impressed? The sky bridge is apparently about a third of the way up.

KFC's on every corner, palm tree plantations as far as the eye can see, being only set-up for the tour loving, money spending tourist. Or, world class diving, beautiful islands and wildlife parks that I've only dreamt about.  Like all places there are good and bad to it.  I don't like the way people suck, blow and make very strange, loud noises through their teeth.  I miss the freedom of being able to hop on a motorbike for $5 a day, and I believe that certain parts of the country are close to what i am used to back in England - and hence less culturally interesting for me.  I love the fact that i don't get hawkers and beggars at every turn, I find the people genuinely friendly and i almost think it's somewhere i could live.  But then a call to prayer at 04:30am and the woman next to me dressed head to toe in 35C heat and a burka reminds me that long term i can't live with certain things and beliefs.  I've spent 42 days here and it's not been enough. There's still a lot of places that i want to see, but the blend of diversity, environment and culture aren't quite right for my taste buds.

It's definitely a place worth visiting, and an easy one too.  Did you know hour in Malay is jam - so you get signs saying 24 jam and speed limits saying 80km/jam - jamtastic.

Tags: Conclusions?

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.