Existing Member?

He only went out for some milk A blurb of monstrous proportions - it was only supposed to be a couple of lines and the odd photo.

Ferry to Igoumenitsa and then Bari, Bari to Cosenza

ITALY | Wednesday, 6 December 2006 | Views [2352]

Our ferry?

Our ferry?

Its a fairly quick and easy journey to Igoumenitsa on the Greek mainland, but the info i have been given is false again :(  The only ferry tonight is it Bari in Italy, leaving about midnight and arriving at 09.30.  So i take the ferry classed as a student to give me a cheap fare - i think the girl at the ferry desk was flirting with me :)  Do i look 26, i ask you!  So its an overnight ferry ride in a 4 birth cabin, sharing with god knows who - we never had the light on so i never saw their face!  In reality the journey turns out to be 12.40 leaving and arriving 10.40 but i spend a fair chunk of that asleep.

I arrive at Bari with hopes of catching a train straight to Cosenza, a nice half way house for visiting Sicily and allowing me to see Cotronei (i will explain that one later).  Due to the ferry being late i cant arrive in Cosenza until about 22.10 and i have the next 5 hours in Bari to wait for a train. So I go shopping and eat my way through the next few hours.

Bari is a large port town that is not built for tourists.  I'm glad I'm not spending the night here...i hope.

 

About all_powered_up

one ruined t-shirt and one ruined pair of trousers.  cool.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.